Curious Video

smerchly

While looking up channel cat baits I see some people like to use chicken livers or even pieces of chicken . This video looked a little more interesting as I saw the guy using a larger chicken bait ......   As the 4 minute video progressed I was glued to see what he would catch with the "larger"  chicken bait ......

The fish was certainly a formidable opponent !    LOL  !  

Just now, floatman said:

Seems to me that the food value in the chicken was as much as what he got from the fish.

For sure ! Just use the chicken's liver and eat both !  

I thought he might be fishing for very large chain pickerel !

By the way it was fighting, I think the big one got off, what a disappointment😱 to see him pull up a small Cat😕.

That Cat looked to be about 4 Lbs.😀 I think the price of the chicken was worth more than that Cat Fish.😀

The way it was pulling I didn't think that hole was big 😀.

Your right Smerch, I'd be using the livers.👍 

I think you are right FF ,  something else had that catfish like a 4 ft. channel or a croc  and let go as it may have too too large  to pass through the hole . I would expect something much larger after using a tow chain and 5 lb. chicken for bait ....yet the kid didn't seem to be disappointed with the 4 lb. catfish .....

The hole and surrounding cement "dock" looks man made & fish can hide under it . The hole is probabably chummed daily to keep them coming for supper.

As for the cost of the chicken , verses the catfish for food value ......I would use a rubber chicken !  

....maybe give that a try at Dunneville in the winter  !   :santa: