Sea Foam

smerchly

I have been using it about 5 years now . I use it for all my small engines , 4 stroke Merc. , lawnmower , power washer & snow blower and it has worked very well .  My first can cost $9.99 at CT ,.Then it went to $12.99 so I bought it much cheaper ar Princess Auto ot Home Hardware for about $8 . Then I bought the large can 3.8 liters for $90 (on sale) and use a small jar about 4 -5 oz to add to 5 gal of gas.  I got the CT flyer today & see they want $16.50 for it now !  ...and call it "Great Value" .

For you guys who use it you may want to stock up before the price jumps at other stores .  

Oddly never had that problem when I had my old legend...🤔....I solved that issue by using my boat all winter long on the river😲😆....my old neighbor used to think I was nuts....if I wasn't using both my boats up at the trailer at the time I would just use my 14 foot tinner at the trailer and the bigger one stayed home during the summer weather...then the neighbors would see us start to use it when the snow started to fly😆.......every once in a while I would toss him a fresh caught Steelie from the live well......it would be flopping around in his driveway as he made me the trade for a bottle or 2 of his red " wine"....more like whiskey potent....bottle or 2 of that and I would be the one flopping around in the driveway🤣....it was a good trade for a cold day on the river....and the look at n his face was priceless when we had to dig 3 feet of snow from around the boat before we pulled out 

Napa auto stores always have it at the lowest everyday price around. It use to be 7.99 last year everyday price, this year its 9.99 but still better than most shops sale price. Home hardware also puts it on every month or so for the same,, at least the ones around me

Just now, Jwl1 said:

I would be the one flopping around in the driveway🤣..

I know you are a good guitar man Jack ,but didn't know you could break dance too .

Did they still have unleaded gas when you had the Legend ? Maybe the Sea Foam helps keep the rubber lines from gumming up when using ethanol gas .

I keep the lines filled all winter and the 4 stk Merc fires up instantly every spring . ...same thing with the small engines as I keep the tanks filled to the top all winter .

Give me your neighbours addy Jack ....hope he likes a carp or two .....

That's a good deal FF , stock up before those prices are history . My local HH is only a mile away and usually have plenty of it .

Can.Tire has gone nuts with prices. 

BTW.....  50% of $15 is $7.50    B)

I got the Garden City H.H. flyer today and the ad says 40% off but same price at 8.97 .

This store is having a 58th birthday celebration . I thought all flyers were the same for Ontario but apparently not .

I have enough for the next 300,000 km for my lawnmower

I believe the Sea Foam cleans the carbs /injectors and stabilizes reg. gas for up to 2 years . One 5 gal .gas can will last a full year for all my small engines . My 4 stk.50hp Merc with EFI burns reg.gas with Sea Foam. I may get more speed with prem.gas but It starts and runs well with the cheap stuff.

I don't use it in my car or van , but would try it if they seem to run sluggishly or hard starting.

I have 1984 35hp merc and add seafoam every tank. Knock on wood never have an problems. I also had a 1962 40hp evinrude and did the same thing without any issues.  Never have carb issues and always starts first try after sitting for the winter. 

Just now, Morwood80 said:

I have 1984 35hp merc and add seafoam every tank. Knock on wood never have an problems. I also had a 1962 40hp evinrude and did the same thing without any issues.  Never have carb issues and always starts first try after sitting for the winter. 

Like WD40 , it seems to do the job intended .  

Here's our H.H. flyer's ad on the Sea Foam ........

HH Ad.JPG

I'll bet most didn't notice the n mistake so I would ask them stand by their ad.  

But don't ask for more than 10 cans .....and compare the price per ml. to the large 3.8 lt. can . 

I also mix a maintenance dose in CT premium gas for all my equipment. Seems to keep everything problem free. Summer time I go through a tonne of it so I make sure to stock up at sale times. 8.97 is a good price, I will have to check my local flyer here

Find yourself a fueling station that has ethanol free fuel.  Ethanol kills small engines.  I run some type of stabilizer even with high test......  Gales, CT stations check the pump.  Costco is also ethanol free (premium) also I think simply gas in welland.

Sometimes it's a matter of convenience when I gas up my van I have one or two 5 gal. gas cans that I fill up while I'm at that pump . I already have the Sea Foam in to get a good mix . My 30 year old Craftsman snow blower still runs well with the odd plug change .  I 'm no mechanic , but I'm leary that high test gas may run too hot in small engines , or my 4.3 lt van ?  Is there regular ethanol free gas ? I have never checked that out .

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Sometimes it's a matter of convenience when I gas up my van I have one or two 5 gal. gas cans that I fill up while I'm at that pump . I already have the Sea Foam in to get a good mix . My 30 year old Craftsman snow blower still runs well with the odd plug change .  I 'm no mechanic , but I'm leary that high test gas may run too hot in small engines , or my 4.3 lt van ?  Is there regular ethanol free gas ? I have never checked that out .

I think all fuel was ethanol free at one point in time until we figured out we had all this corn on our hands.  Of course it had lead in it.....

2 hours ago, Lundtastic said:

Find yourself a fueling station that has ethanol free fuel.  Ethanol kills small engines.  I run some type of stabilizer even with high test......  

I learned that lesson the hard way 3 years ago.  Was on a one-time chance to go on an ice fishing trip to Lake Simcoe and my gas auger quit working!

The repair shop had to clean the carb FIVE times to get all the crud out from ethanol in the regular gas eating out the inside of the plastic fuel lines. Only use non-ethanol premium now in all my small engines, and still add sea foam!

Follow Lundtastic’s advice if you want to keep your small engines running properly!!

Yes ,those small weed whacker /auger/ chainsaw engines can be very temper-mental ...maybe add some Midol  :rolleyes:

I remember to going Smokin Joes to fill up my old jalopy with leaded gas when we had none here . 

I don't know how the vehicles in California can run well with E85  ....probably coming here soon ....maybe the Sea Foam eats up that 10%  corn juice.

And I do have a couple of alternatives ....my push lawnmower and 2  ice hand augers which run on "food" .  (get it) ?   B)