Today with my daughter

Jwl1

By the way ..happy Thanksgiving everyone....here's something I'm thankful for.....after spending a great weekend with my daughter sharing all weekend between a friend's giving type dinner on Saturday at my house...a family dinner yesterday at my brother's house...my daughter and I thought it would be a great idea to step out and do some fishing on the way to dropping her back home....we waited until the weather cleared up a bit and spent a great afternoon at one of my old fishing haunts.....we drowned some worms and had a totally action packed afternoon...bites every time a line hit the water....she had a blast catching a bunch of Sunnie's and the odd perch in the mix.....no trophies.....but my trophy was watching her have a blast catching fish all afternoon right until we ran out of worms......and I  always know it's a great day and makes me a proud father when my young adult daughter wants to share some time with her dad....lol

IMG_20221010_141844960.jpg

IMG_20221010_143217496.jpg

IMG_20221010_154617912.jpg

IMG_20221010_144156246.jpg

Its a spot I fished since I was a little kid....and a never know what you will catch spot as well.....I joked with my daughter and told her if I hook something big I was handing her the rod....lol.....it's also a good carp spot Tyler.....it was fun telling my daughter some stories of how me and a couple kids used to ride our bikes all the way out there since I was like 10.....and 43 years later it was a great trip down memory lane today.....I caught my first ever...smallies....large....pike...and bowfin in that spot over the decades.....no huge ones today but we probably caught about 50 little ones....lol

Beauty day for thankgiving ......and of course ,  fishing !  I was going to ask if there are carp there (silly me) ! 

My daughter is still hooked on fishing at 56 . Her daughter  runs a tiller solo and I hope my great grand daughter  follows the 'tradition'  .

We had  pizza for dinner  (with shrooms and pineapple) !  .... with a nice cold Miller Draft to wash it down !

Good to see you had a great day Jack ! .........I'll be checking for minnies today & will let you know .......

4 hours ago, marktheperchman said:

Good old Lyons Creek. Right near me. That bridge is a popular spot

I'm almost 53 and have had decades of adventures up and down there...used to take my daughter there when she was little....watching her have fun yesterday trying to keep up with all the bites was pretty funny....although it's kind of like trying to play road hockey on the 401 now ......car!.......car!......car!.....😆

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, cplummer said:

Great you got your daughter out brother. 
opener next year brookies??

For sure man ...and if it ever gets cold out..I'm down for some Steelie action...lol