Anyone getting out this weekend?

Tyler0420

21 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Ya I guess so. 6-8” of snow isn’t much.
+ temps all weekend we’ll be back to spring by Monday. 

We only got about 5 cm.of wet sloppy snow here in St,Kitts ....p.i.t.a. to shovel .

Tomorrow looks good ...6*F. with west wind ....good day to toss a few cranks & swim baits for pike . The rods are still in the van ready for action .

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

We only got about 5 cm.of wet sloppy snow here in St,Kitts ....p.i.t.a. to shovel .

Tomorrow looks good ...6*F. with west wind ....good day to toss a few cranks & swim baits for pike . The rods are still in the van ready for action .

Only 5cm of snow? We got a decent dumping. Maybe 8” of heavy snow. Last night pretty sure it was raining and snowing at the same time. Don’t forget the thunder snow storm that was going on. Weird seeing lighting and hearing thunder in the winter. 

I shovelled the crap for 2 hrs....very  heavy wet sloppy stuff . My arms are 2" longer !  My daughter said they got  a foot of snow there in Consecon (Trenton). It is melting fast , road here is bare and dry now.

I didn't hear any thunder but my wife says she thought she heard  a little thunder. I hope it doesn't affect the fish bite tomorrow . 

No luck today , tossed a swim bait & husky jerk but no hits .  Water was a little murky but not too bad  , lots of runoff as the ditches were running full steam . I checked out CDP & the muddy water was flowing fast into the pond . The lake is still low but flowing over the berm which has been destroyed since the lake was very high .....not looking good for early carp fishing there.  Rennie pond was also murky with ice covering most of the north end at the grandstands..  

I saw my first robin and pair of turkey vultures today , sure sign of spring..

One of my carp spots looks like toast as I visited there yesterday . The water level is down well over a foot and full of branches ,logs etc.

The berm has been destroyed and is now encroaching half way into the pond . Only a few years ago the berm was full of trees , brush and at least 3 ft. above Lake Ont.

water level .....a shot from 2018  and a shot of the berm I took yesterday ...

CDP 2018 berm.JPG

CDP Berm Gone.JPG

7 hours ago, smerchly said:

One of my carp spots looks like toast as I visited there yesterday . The water level is down well over a foot and full of branches ,logs etc.

The berm has been destroyed and is now encroaching half way into the pond . Only a few years ago the berm was full of trees , brush and at least 3 ft. above Lake Ont.

water level .....a shot from 2018  and a shot of the berm I took yesterday ...

CDP 2018 berm.JPG

CDP Berm Gone.JPG

We are slowly losing more and more fishing spots. 

2 hours ago, Darryl L said:

We are slowly losing more and more fishing spots. 

...and more spots have parking fees now , and there has also been the littering problem to deal with ( not always caused by anglers )