Seafoam

Morwood80

32 minutes ago, Morwood80 said:

Seafoams on sale at Home Hardware this wk. $9.97 according to flyer

I bought the 4 liter can 2 years ago for $90 , enough to last me for a few more years . I believe this stuff works well for my small engines and 50 Merc.4 stroke . 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought the 3.8 liter can about 5 years ago and use it for all my small gas engines .I paid $90 and it's now $110 .

H.H. had the cans on sale last week for 9.97 but back to $17 now. I wouldn't pay the reg.price . I still have half of the large can left since I haven't run the 50HP outboard motor much the last 4 years. I believe it works great .

• 1 month later...

I went to C.T. to get some stuff yesterday & saw the Sea foam has gone up to $18  ($22.30 tax in) ...will they add an eco tax to that ?

Maybe the price is tied in with the price of crude oil which is about $90 per barrel now ? Truckers are paying $2 again and we know what that means .....

Fotunately I'm retired and only drive about 500 k with the car and 1000 k with the van per year since we don't go to Deseronto now....

Love this cooler weather .....a little work to do at my sisters today then time to dust off the rods and do some fishing for a change .  :Gonefishing:

3 hours ago, smerchly said:

I went to C.T. to get some stuff yesterday & saw the Sea foam has gone up to $18  ($22.30 tax in) ...will they add an eco tax to that ?

Maybe the price is tied in with the price of crude oil which is about $90 per barrel now ? Truckers are paying $2 again and we know what that means .....

Fotunately I'm retired and only drive about 500 k with the car and 1000 k with the van per year since we don't go to Deseronto now....

Love this cooler weather .....a little work to do at my sisters today then time to dust off the rods and do some fishing for a change .  :Gonefishing:

The cooler weather is so nice. We’ll get out for some carp soon smerch

29 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

The cooler weather is so nice. We’ll get out for some carp soon smerch

I am trying to decide what spot I want to try for carp . I have about 10 spots to choose . Some spots are 30 ft deep and others are 5 ft.

Will they be shallow or deep as the water cools ?  I was showing my son Daniel the nice multi rod case you gave me with rods inside ready for action .

3 hours ago, smerchly said:

I am trying to decide what spot I want to try for carp . I have about 10 spots to choose . Some spots are 30 ft deep and others are 5 ft.

Will they be shallow or deep as the water cools ?  I was showing my son Daniel the nice multi rod case you gave me with rods inside ready for action .

I’d try 10’

maybe bait some areas before you fish. I haven’t been carping since the spring

I've used both Seafoam and a similar STP product.I found it great for my small engines.Also acts as gas stabilizer but you guys probably know that.I did mention using it in both our vehicles at home and mechanic said "it can cause more harm than good" hmmmm....

1 hour ago, Dave said:

I've used both Seafoam and a similar STP product.I found it great for my small engines.Also acts as gas stabilizer but you guys probably know that.I did mention using it in both our vehicles at home and mechanic said "it can cause more harm than good" hmmmm....

Low grade gas mixed with ethanol may not be engine friendly either , who knows ? Our grandaughter bought a new 2017 Hyundai SUV and they have a recall on them to check for engine damage due to poor oil circulation to the main bearings . Her engine seized last week & they said a new one is worth $8000 .They asked for all her oil change receipts and want to charge her $500 just to check the crank mains . They will try to blame her even though she has the receipts from another place for the oil changes.

I only use the sea foam in my small engines and boat motor . It would be costly to use in vehicles . I bought a 4lt.can for $90 about 2 years ago ,still have 1/2 left.