2023 Canadian carp society SSF

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn’t look like I’ll get out again for the ssf. Fished one couple hour session with no luck. Bad week for me stupid busy with work,dentist,concert, bass tournament etc. 

here’s some weights so far (lbs)

IMG_3111.png

• 2 weeks later...

Some real pigs there ...37.5 is a nice fish !   What body of water was this fish caught ?  Probably some 40+ monsters in there ....

BTW ...I just got back from the Bulk Barn to get some mixed nuts for myself and some large oats for my carp friends . My lasr 5 lb.bag was $1.00/lb and it's now $1.44 lb.

How sweet it is to raised prices 44% ....same thing with the peanuts and many other items . It would be nice to get a 44% raise in pay eh ? And diesel is down a buck ! 

Where else can we buy oats cheaper ? Do the farm supply stores sell it in bulk ? I'll have to check it out on line .....

The weather has been a little too hot for me to wet my lines , unless I can get my hide  out of bed at 5 am & fish till 9, but I hear a cooling trend is on the way ....:)

31 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Some real pigs there ...37.5 is a nice fish !   What body of water was this fish caught ?  Probably some 40+ monsters in there ....

3 of the top 4 anglers are from the Kingston area. I think most these fish are from bay of quinte. 

34 minutes ago, smerchly said:

BTW ...I just got back from the Bulk Barn to get some mixed nuts for myself and some large oats for my carp friends . My lasr 5 lb.bag was $1.00/lb and it's now $1.44

No clue where to get bulk oats anymore. Sometimes I wish I was still at the factory. 20lb bags were nice. 

Just now, Tyler0420 said:

No clue where to get bulk oats anymore. Sometimes I wish I was still at the factory. 20lb bags were nice. 

I shared some of that 20 lb.bag with the carp . It was the same as the 2 lb.bag of oats I buy for my breakfasts .What do they do with those 20 lb.bags ?

I will try to find a place that sells 20 lb + bags of oats ....maybe restaurants get larger quantities from places like National Groceries .

This may explain the oat prices ....

shortage of oats.JPG

52 minutes ago, smerchly said:

What do they do with those 20 lb.bags ?

They went into waffles. (Ancient grain)

what a terrible recipe that was. So many different flours and grains went into that mix. 

That's sad  , to take a healthy product like oats and turn it into "corn pops" like most cereals that appeal to the kids that love sweet coloured cereals.

Our lawns are turning brown already and it's only June 2 . It may be another drought year for farmers , but the heat will kill off a lot of ticks.

Time for my Life/Raisin Bran/banana combo before taking old Nelly to the shop to fix the broken sway bar....