Quinte Trailer

smerchly

After 3 yrs. of not going to our beloved trailer at Deseronto, we are selling it . Thanks to the strict rules of the c19 we lost 2 years and last year as well due to home issues.

We got a call today from our dear friend at the trailer park that there was a leak where a piece of the siding was loose and the floor will need to be repaired .They fixed the siding for us .

I just got my drivers license after 6 months of applying  and my wife has to wait until July to take the test then wait agin for the plastic licence . That would put us into August to visit our trailer .We have paid all fees for the past 3 years and fully paid until October this year .

And since I don't like boating locally , I have no need for my boat so it is going up for sale too .  We are both 80 and we have to go through the license crap again in another 18 months .

Not worth the aggravation thanks to the Ontario government.  

Thankfully , there are many local fishing spots within a 15 minute drive ....hoping to out a couple times per week .

45 minutes ago, smerchly said:

After 3 yrs. of not going to our beloved trailer at Deseronto, we are selling it . Thanks to the strict rules of the c19 we lost 2 years and last year as well due to home issues.

We got a call today from our dear friend at the trailer park that there was a leak where a piece of the siding was loose and the floor will need to be repaired .They fixed the siding for us .

I just got my drivers license after 6 months of applying  and my wife has to wait until July to take the test then wait agin for the plastic licence . That would put us into August to visit our trailer .We have paid all fees for the past 3 years and fully paid until October this year .

And since I don't like boating locally , I have no need for my boat so it is going up for sale too .  We are both 80 and we have to go through the license crap again in another 18 months .

Not worth the aggravation thanks to the Ontario government.  

Thankfully , there are many local fishing spots within a 15 minute drive ....hoping to out a couple times per week .

Out of curiosity why do you not enjoy local boating ? 

Just now, Port_D_Guy said:

the urge to go to a remote lake to only hear loons and mosquitos. 

Ya, I'll miss the loons but not the skeeters (not many there anyway . I'll miss the fishing there for sure .

And yes , it's the pratical thing to do at our age . Times up !  

Just now, Darryl L said:

Out of curiosity why do you not enjoy local boating ? 

I don't like crowded places of any kind these days and the launching at ramps can be a little challenging at times. A canoe launch is much quicker and easy on the nerves.

Just now, Tyler0420 said:

say keep the boat. Lots of small waters around. 

Boats has to go too Tyler . It has been sitting here for 4 years . I start it up 3-4 times per year , jack up the tires , put the top up for the summer then the road tarps for the winter . It's a 15.5' Legend  with a 50 motor . My 16' canoe will be my "go2boat", I can toss it in my van and handle it solo . I'll get one of the newer lighter AGM batteries for the electric motor . The BIG trolling battery will go with the boat .

The trailer will be listed for sale at the park ....going to try to get 8000 to cover the last 2 years of the park and dock fees. It's only 75 ft. from the docks. 

We will surely miss the trailer , but other priorities come first.

Welcome to summer ....days are getting shorter now ......:Gonefishing:             

• 2 weeks later...

It didn't take long , about a week and our trailer was sold to another park resident . We took the first offer to  sell it asap as the fees are paid up for this summer . We will miss sitting on the large deck and watching the action on the lake and of course fishing from the docks and boat . The camp owner listed it for 14 grand and we took the 8 grand offer . The lady who bought it has someone to fix the leak and repair the wall/floor where the damage was done . We left everything there for the new owners to enjoy . Next on the hit list is my boat ,motor & trailer ... 

We have plenty of pictures to remember our days at Mohawk Bay ....maybe we will go there for a week and rent a trailer and a boat ...

A view from the deck ......in the distance is Long Reach which goes to Picton and access to Lake Ont.

Trailer view from deck.JPG

1 hour ago, Tyler0420 said:

Glad you got a buyer smerch. Sad to see it go though. 

It went quickly as it's on the lake front close to the docks , and it's loaded with new furniture ,new fridge , microwave, toaster ,coffee maker, new lawnmower and 2 sheds full of gear ect . all the cupboards , drawers ,and closets are full of stuff so nothing is needed except some bedding . With the lot and taxes paid up she is getting it for 4 grand. We are happy to it being used again . 

Gene , there's lots of info and pictures on line....

Mohawk Bay Park ,  Deseronto , Ontario .  You can inquire about renting or camping . They have washrooms and showers too.

The owner is Dave Hoogenboom (sp) .  He runs a tight ship ...quiet time after 11pm for us fishermen who want to get out early lol

And lots of 'old timers' there to gab with ....