Who drew a controlled hunt tag?

Markster

20 hours ago, genec said:

Was on the OFAH forum site, and two other guys reported that they had the same problem as I did - no report at all on their application!

i’m wondering if it is a website problem at the MNRF.

Does everyone get a tag ?

Its kind of complicated, but here is how it works:

everyone is free to buy a buck tag which allows you to use whatever firearm is allowed in the region and season identified for harvest.

However, different regions, mostly southern, have different restrictions.

Once you buy your deer tag you can then apply for a doe tag based on the the wmu you plan to hunt.
If you are drawn in that lottery, you can then still only harvest 1 animal, but it can be either sex. Not drawn? Only buck.

Different wmu’s have controlled hunts for shotguns and muzzle loaders.

These regions require you to enter a draw for the wmu you want to hunt. If chosen, you can hunt with a firearm, typically shotgun or muzzleloader, during that season. Not drawn? You can’t hunt that season, with that firearm in that area.

in all cases, one tag, one animal.

in different wmu’s you can purchase additional tags if available.

I hope that makes sense.

I was told that Bass pro today that they eliminated 89A and now everything is 88 Bows only, no shotgun and that this happened mid-season so it doesn't show in the books. So I went online to the ministry's website and all maps still show 89A with 88 North of the Welland River. Can anyone else confirm this? I was thinking of calling the MNRF but I don't want to be on the phone all weekend waiting to talk to a person. Did the guys that didn't hear back happen to apply for 89? 

13 hours ago, Dan Andrews said:

Got a person at MNRF. Basspro is full of doo-doo. Second year in a row they gave me bad info. 89 still exists! 

Basspro staff are a good example of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing. I've overheard some pretty dubious conversations with customers over the years in their hunting dept. experts on everything! No different than SAIL

• 2 months later...
On 9/9/2023 at 5:25 AM, Surf and Turf said:

Basspro staff are a good example of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing. I've overheard some pretty dubious conversations with customers over the years in their hunting dept. experts on everything! No different than SAIL

Yep I'm just going to start giving all my business to Malloy. I've had a beef with him for years over Bob Mackie but it's well past time to put that to bed. Mackie is long passed away and Malloy knows his stuff and has great local customer service and we don't have to pay inflated prices for all that bling BP has.