Give us your Erie Walleye summary 2023

deetch

This is mine..

The months of June and July were slow for me unless I travelled way east to windmill point or crystal beach area. My boat is docked at sugarloaf.  August started heating up and September was “ FIRE”.  My go to all year was black and pink harnesses on riggers of dipseys. The 2 years before was all white wonder bread blades.  All in all a slow start and a very strong finish.

My year was quite opposite. I always launch from crystal beach and fish in between the launch and river. June and July were our busiest months with a lot of limits.  August was decent but didn't get out much because almost entire month was too windy. September we struggled.  Figured many fish began heading west.  By end of September I was perch fishing . 

• 4 weeks later...

I concentrated mostly around port Maitland this year. Did well around the reefs and some out deeper. Most were caught on worm harnesses off dipseys and jets behind boards. Area 51 Wackem harnesses was the best colour along with cherry bomb and watermelon taking some fish. Ripplin Redfins in blue and silver and black and gold also produced. July through September was great fishing on Erie. May and June was excellent for trout and salmon between Jordan and Niagara river bar.