Hopefully this week!

fishingking

Anyone seeing rutting behavior?...I've been watching these two does with two fawns the last 3 sits...as you can see I some yellow apples on the ground and they are loving them....I put red ones out and they sat untouched for a week..weird...anyways hope to see a buck soon!...off to goderich for the controlled hunt next week as well...good luck guys

while driving near the hospital here today I spotted a pair of deer in a field about 400 yds away & managed to get a decent shot of them with my small pocket camera using 16x zoom . They were about 200 yds or so south of the hospital in a large open field . I haven't seen deer near this area in many decades !  They didn't take a step during the 5 minites I was parked on the side of the road . This shot is a enlarged snip. 

pair of deer.JPG

10 hours ago, smerchly said:

while driving near the hospital here today I spotted a pair of deer in a field about 200 yds away & managed to get a decent shot of them with my small pocket camera using 16x zoom . They were about 200 yds or so south of the hospital in a large open field . I haven't seen deer near this area in many decades !  They didn't take a step during the 5 minites I was parked on the side of the road . This shot is a enlarged snip. 

pair of deer.JPG

Nice shot smerch

Just now, Markster said:

Hey smerch, we must have been in the same area at the same time.

My wife and i saw those two out in the middle of the open field.

They were only 1 km.from my house . I have been driving to the hospital many times the past 8 months and I only see geese in the area . Before the new housing was built we had deer in the field at our back yard & saw one crossing the front yard ,only a few yards from the front door . I hunted rabbits & pheasants there many moons ago ...

Spent the morning hunting and didn't see a thing. Popped in to my moms for breakfast and all of a sudden her dog started going crazy. Figured it was a squirrel outside the window. Well I was wrong. Beautiful buck just casually walking around backyard for 10 to 15 minutes! Gorgeous deer. This was fonthill about 11am. 

Screenshot_20231110_170810_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231110_170749_Gallery.jpg

31 minutes ago, Darryl L said:

Spent the morning hunting and didn't see a thing. Popped in to my moms for breakfast and all of a sudden her dog started going crazy. Figured it was a squirrel outside the window. Well I was wrong. Beautiful buck just casually walking around backyard for 10 to 15 minutes! Gorgeous deer. This was fonthill about 11am. 

Screenshot_20231110_170810_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231110_170749_Gallery.jpg

What a monster

nice buck