Niagara Fishing Tackle Swap Jan 27

The_Fish_Dawg

St. Catharines Game & Fish Association - Niagara Fishing Tackle Swap is coming back to Eden High School in St Catharines on Sat January 27.

vendors can register tables at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niagara-fishing-tackle-swap-table-registration-tickets-748889688217

Any questions can be sent to scgameandfish@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry I missed out on this tackle swap . Was there any ice fishing related goods there ?  It wasn't a typical ice fishing day locally for sure  ha !

I just check the long range weather outlook and there's still some hope starting Feb. 1 .

Screenshot 2024-01-28 164629.jpg

13 hours ago, smerchly said:

Sorry I missed out on this tackle swap . Was there any ice fishing related goods there ?  It wasn't a typical ice fishing day locally for sure  ha !

I just check the long range weather outlook and there's still some hope starting Feb. 1 .

I only seem to get the ice fishing urge if we have a good start in late December until March.

The on and off temps and uncertainty is better focused on open water trout. 

1 hour ago, Port_D_Guy said:

I only seem to get the ice fishing urge if we have a good start in late December until March.

The on and off temps and uncertainty is better focused on open water trout. 

I noticed the 12 was quite brackish while driving over the 4th Ave. overpass, so Port Dal. harbour would be the same or worse as the Martindale runoff adds more muck to the water.

The Niagara R. may be the best bet for catching trout now. And there's always the option to fish for pike . 👍