CB Radios

Port_D_Guy

Anybody here still use them?

Is there a good place to buy one (in person) and get it properly installed?

I know Flying J in Fort Erie had lots of stuff a few years ago. As did the Fifth Wheel in Grimsby (RIP) many moons ago.

I'd rather start new, I don't trust used electronics.

1 hour ago, Darryl L said:

I haven't heard of anyone in years that still use one. What type of information would you get over a CB radio?

There is a lot of information as to road conditions if you are traveling Used it all the way to New Brunswick last November and avoided a few accidents and construction

20 hours ago, Darryl L said:

I haven't heard of anyone in years that still use one. What type of information would you get over a CB radio?

I believe the truckers still use them , like warning there's a smokie with radar on the west bound lane. I did a few trips with my bro-in-law as he drove semi trucks for many years . i believe the CB radios are safe to use as one doesn't need to take their eyes off the road to speak/listen to other truckers .

And I remember during the salmon fishing from the 80's the boats were tuned in to channel 13 ? to pass info to their fellow anglers about depth & lure colour, ect.

And we used those little "walkie-talkies' during our moose hunting days (long gone) but we had to follow where the shots came from after a moose was downed  

And  I still have those old Cobras somewhere in my stash .  

and for the next week or so we have rain rain rain , and more rain ( better than snow ? Maybe......