Deer Butchering

BMac

Hi everyone, new to the forum here. I was just wondering who people are using to have their deer butchered in the area. I found this forum through a post from last year but I was wondering if people this year are still using the same services/if they are available. 

I’m located in Thorold but I’m hunting at a family farm in Hamilton area starting tomorrow for the rest of the week and want to be prepared if I’m lucky. Ideally I’d bring it back this way but I’m open to options near Hamilton as well. 

Thanks! 

3 hours ago, BMac said:

Hi everyone, new to the forum here. I was just wondering who people are using to have their deer butchered in the area. I found this forum through a post from last year but I was wondering if people this year are still using the same services/if they are available. 

I’m located in Thorold but I’m hunting at a family farm in Hamilton area starting tomorrow for the rest of the week and want to be prepared if I’m lucky. Ideally I’d bring it back this way but I’m open to options near Hamilton as well. 

Thanks! 

I've been using Gourmet Meats, on Hwy 6, in Mount Hope for years. They make the best pepperettes and sausage I have ever had and reasonably priced. If you happen to bag a wall hanger, they will also cape it out for you. Best to call ahead if dropping off a deer so they are expecting you.

This year our group in the controlled hunt decided to butcher ourselves and try our hand at sausage and pepperttes.  We have to butcher the deer shot in N.Y. to bring back accross the border, will be bringing some of the N.Y deer meat to Gourmet Meat for some pepperettes shortly.