Ad Blocker ?

I have been using the blocker for years , & no prob.when I had windows 7 & Google Chrome . Now I have a newer PC with W-10 & a new 24" monitor and G. Chrome

We like watching You Tube , from fishing to music vids . Lately I have been getting a pop up from YouTube saying "You cannot use an ad blocker on You Tube "

After a few of these pop ups I deleted the blocker and sure enough the ads started . I don't mind a quick ad at the beginning of a music video but when they

put their garbage ads on in the middle of a playing song ??  I put the blocker back but will they block me from using their 'service' eventually ? 

Any other options to play YT music ?  When I watch TV I mute every ad or switch channels for a few minutes ....remotes are cool !  

1 minute ago, Tyler0420 said:

I only watch YouTube so I pay for the premium version. No more ads. 

Every newspaper wants to charge a fee also .  So you end up paying many 'fees' to read their stuff plus the ads . 

Many of the ads are so stupid they think we are too . 

So I'll continue to use the ad blocker until they ban me , which I think we may see more 'pay up or be banned in the future .

I don't use it on any fishing sites as we are small potatoes compared to the multi billion $ conglomerates .

Then again I have 150 CDS  and 100 vinyls  .....         :santa:

I use an adblocker as well as a script blocker. Stops scripts from running unless I allow them.  I can temporary allow them if a site is not working or permanent allow on sites I know are OK. Some pages have over 20 scripts on them. I never allow the googletagmanger or doubleclick to run.

On 1/1/2024 at 1:42 PM, smerchly said:

I have been using the blocker for years , & no prob.when I had windows 7 & Google Chrome . Now I have a newer PC with W-10 & a new 24" monitor and G. Chrome

We like watching You Tube , from fishing to music vids . Lately I have been getting a pop up from YouTube saying "You cannot use an ad blocker on You Tube "

After a few of these pop ups I deleted the blocker and sure enough the ads started . I don't mind a quick ad at the beginning of a music video but when they

put their garbage ads on in the middle of a playing song ??  I put the blocker back but will they block me from using their 'service' eventually ? 

Any other options to play YT music ?  When I watch TV I mute every ad or switch channels for a few minutes ....remotes are cool !  

They want you to buy their premium service

• 2 months later...