Beacon marina

Tyler0420

I doubt the ice would be safe there Tyler . These mild rainy days are causing lots of runoff and the ice there is known to break up easily during a NW wind .

I  checked  Martindale & Port Dal. today and the ice was slush , not good  for fishing . 

I wanted to check my 6" Fin Bore auger as it wouldn't cut butter after I gave the blades 2 light strokes with a very fine stone to remove a slight burr . 

So I ran the stone over the opposite side of the blade today and went to the canoe launch at Henley Is to test them and it cuts GREAT !  It's amazing how temperamental those blades are ! Port harbour hasn't  cleared up much but one guy was trying his luck with roe bags on the west side.

I'm hoping we don't lose all the ice and it freezes up solid again .... not like last 'winter' .  :coldsmiley:

3 hours ago, smerchly said:

I'm hoping we don't lose all the ice and it freezes up solid again .... not like last 'winter' .  :coldsmiley:

With you on that.