Ice????

bigugli

This New Year has sucked locally.  Maybe some of you lightweights might get away with fishing on 3", but us larger types.....     If nature can't give us an ice season, maybe she could give us back the soft water.

23 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Let’s just throw in the towel and call it a season. HELLO spring. 

Not so fast there Paddles ,   we have a cold spell on the way next week , one last kick at the can ?

CH News showed some guys ice  fishing on "thin" ice in Caledonia today . 

I didn't see any spuds.....

...correction , it was Waterford , the photo guy is from Cal.

1 hour ago, bigugli said:

This New Year has sucked locally.  Maybe some of you lightweights might get away with fishing on 3", but us larger types.....     If nature can't give us an ice season, maybe she could give us back the soft water.

I'll follow you anywhere Bruce.....

Actually Bill, CH said the photo of the ice fishermen was from Waterford.

Im with Bruce…3” is too skinny ice for me…4” or more and I’m willing to go out (spud in hand, of course).

I agree with Tyler…I spent the morning in the bush on the family farm scouting out sites to build brush blinds to get ready for spring and fall hunting…short of a thunderstorm, weather doesn’t matter for that!

I thought they said Caledonia Gene .... I just got back from my hearing aid place for a check up on my new aids I got 2 weeks ago and set them in the charger when I got home and listened to the news without the aids . ..goes to show me I'm half deaf without them ! 

Looking at a map of Waterford it looks like small pond-like bodies of water and I know nothing about fishing there .

They did state they were on thin ice .  I'm at 140 lbs now and I can follow the big guys .....

All of our snow is gone but still some ice at Martindale/Rennie Park area with warm days ahead maybe see 50*F. until next week. 

Checked it out on the pod cast Gene and they said "submitted by .....Caledonia  lol

Screenshot 2024-02-05 214152.jpg

21 hours ago, smerchly said:

Not so fast there Paddles ,   we have a cold spell on the way next week , one last kick at the can ?

CH News showed some guys ice  fishing on "thin" ice in Caledonia today . 

I didn't see any spuds.....

How cold we talking? Would love another crack at local ice.