2024 fishing season

Tyler0420

Wow ,you are a lonnnng way from home base Scott !  I would love to see NZ and was very unaware there are browns & bows there.

I cannot see the pic , maybe it takes a day or two to travel 14,000 kms .....   

17 minutes ago, Bubba14 said:

The video shows that it uploaded but it can’t be seen back home?

Maybe my older pc on windows 10 , Chrome and Cogeco cable Scott .

I am just trying to get some updates on my boat squared away (trilling motor, 2nd fishfinder).  But I have some trips planned

- Couple of weekends in April pickerel fishing Detroit River our of LaSalle (while in town visiting in-laws)

- Bass Opener at buddies cottage near Parry Sound

- Early season spring trout fishing on Lake Ontario (out of Fishermans Pier)

- Lake Erie (Port Maitland & Leamington)

- St. Clair out of Jeannettes Creek

- Week on Lake Cecebe

- 4 days on Red Cedar Lake in late June

- Canoe fishing on French/Pickerel River 

14 hours ago, Bubba14 said:

I’m currently in New Zealand where there’s rainbows and browns in almost every body of water. Saw several like this swimming in the Mirror Lakes. 

IMG_4799.mov

My daughter went down with some rugby team mates for 6 weeks of backpacking and the pictures are absolutely stunning

18 hours ago, Bubba14 said:

Lake Cecebe? My mom lived on that lake for over 30 years!

Small world.......do you remember the old locks where the lock master would let the kids jump into the Amhic side of the locks when draining the water out of the locks?  The Schmelher (I know I butchered the name) but it was an old school tavern that burned down.

Had a family cottage on Maple island and frequented the area as kids and now we vacation there for a week a year

Yes , small world , I used to fish the Wahwashkesh area summer and winter . My wife's family owned at cottage at Artbeg  and we both knew where to buy a nice apple pie at Haywards or some great cheese at Dunchurch. My cousin had a cottage very close to Bennet's lodge and marina .

At the end of the "bunny trail" we stopped to get our spring water . Some may remember the Hand family who flew there from St.Catharines but crashed their pontoon plane at Martindale pond . Their son Doug , a fellow worker took over the cottage . Fishing was great for eyes , pike, bass and lake trout & the odd ling.

Yes, the Schmeler House burned but they rebuilt it and it is now a restaurant and small grocery store. It is a beautiful area that is still home to my father-in-law and my hunt camp. 

On 3/1/2024 at 2:57 PM, Bubba14 said:

Yes, the Schmeler House burned but they rebuilt it and it is now a restaurant and small grocery store. It is a beautiful area that is still home to my father-in-law and my hunt camp. 

....and across the street was the best General Store I have ever set foot in.  A trip here as kids meant coming our with a new lure and an ice cream from the shop to the left of the store