TAKING KIDS FISHING!

In today's technology dominated world, it's crucial to get kids outdoors and unplugged. Fishing offers the perfect opportunity for this! Being outdoors exposes kids to nature, teaching them to appreciate its beauty. Fishing is also a great way for families to bond, creating lasting memories and strengthening ties. It provides a much-needed break from screens, allowing kids to reconnect with reality. Initiatives like the SCGFA kids summer derby introduce kids to fishing, fostering community and excitement. It looks like an awesome event and the kids art contest is very engaging as well. 

We should prioritize getting our kids outside and fishing. Sons, daughters, nieces, nephews, neighbours, your friends kids, it doesn't matter!  It's about more than just catching fish—it's about fostering a love for nature, creating memories, and giving kids the chance to unplug and unwind. Most times when I take my daughters carp fishing, while we wait for a bite they find so many things to do. Finding beach glass has been fun over the last few years. Its so rewarding to see them being kids, getting their feet wet, getting dirty and NOT on devices! 

I posted the 2 brochures that I was given. I will definitely be attending and I hope to see some members out with their kids as well! 🍻

2024-03-30_092891-2.jpg

2024-03-30_092676 (1).jpg

7 hours ago, Port_D_Guy said:

I don't have any children, but always look back and was grateful when my father took my brother and I out fishing. This was usually a Sunday thing  and trips "Up North" for long weekends and summer vacations.

Yes! I hear ya. It's nostalgic for most. Lots of people remember their first fish, or going with their parents. I have fond memories of when I was really young and believe that for many years fishing was what I was missing in my life. When my oldest daughter was a competitive rower, I used to fish at all the regattas. When I would land a fish, the kids always came running. They were in absolute aww to see anything. Last year I took some of my daughters friends out for panfish. The smiles and gratitude was incredible! 

8 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

Thanks for posting Bill, I'll forward this on at our club meetings.

Which club sir are you involved with?  I am back on the site after many years and although I remember seeing you name, I've forgotten what it is you do. Thanks for forwarding this as well!

13 hours ago, The Mindful Angler said:

Which club sir are you involved with?  I am back on the site after many years and although I remember seeing you name, I've forgotten what it is you do. Thanks for forwarding this as well!

Stelco Fishing Club, Dofasco Angling Club and The Golden Horseshoe Outdoors Club.

The Stelco club keeps me busy with arranging meetings and memberships.

Our annual Awards night is this Friday held at the Stoney Creek Legion.

Being retired it keeps me busy and trying to get a few days in fishing.😃

Awards Night April 5 th..PNG

6 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

Stelco Fishing Club, Dofasco Angling Club and The Golden Horseshoe Outdoors Club.

The Stelco club keeps me busy with arranging meetings and memberships.

Our annual Awards night is this Friday held at the Stoney Creek Legion.

Being retired it keeps me busy and trying to get a few days in fishing.😃

Awards Night April 5 th..PNG

Incredible. Busy man you are !