Zone 16 trout opener

Tyler0420

Anyone getting out tomorrow?

It’s my gfs bday tomorrow so don’t think I’ll be getting out. She is going to the spa so maybe I’ll sneak out to local trip for an hour or two but really I’d like to get out in the kayak and target them in the lake.

I've got 3 spots I'm going to try and they won't be the more accessible ones, because I'm sure they'll be busy.

Have to see how the waters look with level and clarity. Mostly just want to try my fly gear, maybe toss a Rooster Tail.

See what happens tomorrow and Sunday morning.

38 minutes ago, Port_D_Guy said:

I've got 3 spots I'm going to try and they won't be the more accessible ones, because I'm sure they'll be busy.

Have to see how the waters look with level and clarity. Mostly just want to try my fly gear, maybe toss a Rooster Tail.

Good luck hope you find some quiet waters loaded with fish. 

On 4/26/2024 at 4:47 PM, Port_D_Guy said:

Did you get out?

Fish have been getting fat feeding on the smelts . It took me 3 days to move a big pile of clay dirt full of tree roots and move a wood pile today to another location in the yard . I couldn't believe how many large dew worms made that pile of clay their home . I saved a couple dozen for the walleye ,bass and perch . This is a good time to get the dirt stuff done . Tomorrow will be tire changeover day for the van . I hope the water clears up PDG .