How's the Pike action for everyone?

honeyv

Tried to get after some Pike yesterday (the 12th)... They just weren't playing. Hooked into one for the whole morning, but I couldn't count it as landed since I lost it right at the Kayak! It was work for that one fish to hit, so needless to say, I was pretty annoyed lol. Truthfullly, it was a very tiny guy and the Rapala I was using was bigger than it's mouth. Toward 3pm it got a little windy and there was some chop on the water, so I headed back to the launch. Not quite the Opener I was hoping for, but it was good to be out anyway.     

11 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Haven’t been out. Definitely getting out this weekend somewhere. Not sure where or for what but I’ll be out. 

I definietely need a redemption Pike mission very soon. lol 

It was very windy here this afternoon , very strong SW wind . Some shore spots are good with a SW wind behind you for long casts . Yesterday I stopped to check a small stream for baitfish for about 3 minutes and found my first tick on my arm , looks like we need to careful again . I think he mild winters are helping them to multiply.

Honeyv , there is rust remover at Princess Auto .......

12 minutes ago, smerchly said:

It was very windy here this afternoon , very strong SW wind . Some shore spots are good with a SW wind behind you for long casts . Yesterday I stopped to check a small stream for baitfish for about 3 minutes and found my first tick on my arm , looks like we need to careful again . I think he mild winters are helping them to multiply.

Honeyv , there is rust remover at Princess Auto .......

Wind game is a whole different ball game in the kayak. I was thankful to have the motor or it would have been a painful paddle back. Luckily ticks aren't an issue on the kayak. Have to watch myself on some hikes though. Maybe when I go to the vets to pick up the next dose of Bravecto for the pooch in June, I ask for a dose for me too? 

Did you mean rust remover because I'm a bit rusty on the Pike catching? If thats the case, well shoot... Might have to get some before I head out again lol

31 minutes ago, Port_D_Guy said:

I fished for about half an hour and the water was pretty stained.

I was using a spinnerbait.

I didn't even get a sniff on the small pike bucktails. We've had a bit of Rain before Sunday and the water was in fact a bit stained, but I had the day off and figured I'd give it a shot. 

5 hours ago, Port_D_Guy said:

Best time to go fishing is whenever you can.

Amen to that.