Port dalhousie pike

pike007

I will be venturing out towards that area tomorrow I think ... got an early appointment in the morning but in the afternoon I htink a walk might be in order ...

The area being spoken of ... is it before or after the railway bridge?

As well you saw something large go over? Probably a carp, my former supervisor used to walk back there and feed the carp. They would get a bag of bread and him and his wife would sit there for hours talking and feeding carp.

IBC

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres 2 railroad bridges i beieve its in between read my former postes and that shoud help you out! This fish was long i would say 60" mabe bigger im gueeing it was a sturgean i dont know though!

well, IBC and i ended up meeting up by chance, we walked WAY up to the "lake" way up top... way, way, way up top....it's as far a the road goes.... we didn't fish there 'cause it was too large to just randomly cast and there wasn't really any access to the lake part itself.... so we went back down to the "normal" spot, but people were there so we kept walking around.... he ended up with a small pike (i'll let him post the pics), but he got a few shots of the scenery aswell, that he can post if he feels upto it.... all in all the 2hr walk was fun :Gonefishing:

Pike007- here's the pic of the fish, quality isn't that great tho....

http://home.cogeco.ca/~mcheddre/fishin'/snubpikebig.jpg

http://home.cogeco.ca/~mcheddre/fishin'/snubpikebig2.jpg

and one my brother caught 2 weeks ago, in the same spot i got mine....

http://home.cogeco.ca/~mcheddre/fishin'/robspike.jpg

spanky i dont recognice the spot where were you at GM or beaverdams...In the end nice fish ...for the walking i dont know where you guys went but doesnot sound like the spot where i was ,it actually lines up with the gate just go straight keep going youll come to a dead end !

none of my fish were taken from GM :D

we went straight up the road you drive on.... we followed that main road all the way up to a dead end..... the "lake" must have been the size of Jordan Harbour....

We found 1 other "pond", i would call it, it's on the way towards the tressel, just off to the left.... it's rather large and really weedy....

Perhaps we're gonna have to get everyone together and go down there together.... then perhaps head out to our other "favourite" spots.... i don't mind sharing my spot/techniques/lure choices aslong as i'm getting something in return.... even a monthly meet would be good to just shoot the doo-doo and share ideas... i dunno maybe i'm just rambling too much :Gonefishing:

Spanky you sure are an explorer i hate walking long distnances ..this is why im investing in a quad bike lol just somehting used for checking out thing is forest areas like Gm!

lol... yeah IBC and i just thought lets go for it...i was into Gill's place the day before and saw a map showing the "lake" so we just thought we'd walk up in there and find it and after an hour of walking we found it :Gonefishing:

I usually fish about 10ft from my car, so it was nice to get out and go for a walk, of course if i knew i was gonna be walking that far i woulda packed lighter....

I think i'm gonna go across the tressel and fish under the tree on the other side, lots of reeds and a very shallow "bay" for the fish to get into, should be productive :D

must be nice.... i'm limited to evenings and weekends now that i'm heavily addicted to fishing.... wife started a new job in Fort Erie so i'm without a car, i suck... bah well, best to give the broken wrist a chance to heal :Gonefishing:

either way, good luck and that was one hell of a fish.....

Guest Jayman75

Hey gate 12 fisherman. U guys are on to something. Ive been fishing that area for years now. Try exploring :blush: There some HUGE fish around there. Last week I landed a 15lb pike and the bass avg 3lbs. The lake is where u want to be if u want good size fish :Gonefishing:

Ya guys I used to fish there when i was a kid it holds some monsters. You can also get in there by the gas station next to the drawbridge. Thought i would also add be careful at night lol. You guys are fishing at the "Blue Ghost Tunnel". The tunnel under the train bridge is a documented haunted site. Its been on t.v and have lots of web sites about it. So if you wanna do some fishing and give a good scare to some friends its a great place to go. On another note its a shame all the litter and stolen cars you will find throughout the forest.

Guest chilli

Tip: Don't eat the fish. There was a concern some years back because they found that some of GM's unwanted Toxins ended up in the little waterway above (west) of the one where those large culverts are. Not sure if that's exactly where your talking about but it's on the GM side of the old canal. It was said it was found in the setiment. PCB's were mentioned. I've had a carp take down a rapala up there. I thought that was wierd. It hit the water 15 feet away and he bolted for it. Maby a rare mutant/bass carp. Only about 4 pounds but fun none the less.

Guest Jayman75

Hey went fishing yesterday gate 12 it was great caught about 12 smaller pike 1 good size about 10lbs and had a monster chasing a strike king about 36+inches.Caught about 5 bass 1 was 4lbs and lost a few. Over all I was very pleased and start seeing some trout stacking up in 1 of the old locks about 5 i seen. I think this fall is going to be exciting around there. Hope to be back there Friday. :Gonefishing:

Hey went fishing yesterday gate 12 it was great caught about 12 smaller pike 1 good size about 10lbs and had a monster chasing a strike king about 36+inches.Caught about 5 bass 1 was 4lbs and lost a few. Over all I was very pleased and start seeing some trout stacking up in 1 of the old locks about 5 i seen. I think this fall is going to be exciting around there. Hope to be back there Friday. :Gonefishing:

408[/snapback]

CONGRATS JAY WHAT SPOT WERE YOU IN AND WHAT WERE YOU USING SPINNERBAITS????

Archived