Port dalhousie pike

pike007

I've got this really wierd feeling i'm not getting where you all are talking about... i've been up there many times now and have found only 2 ponds and 1 "lake".... the "ponds" are so overgrown with weeds you'd almost need to use live bait in there.... and the lake is so big, with very little visible structure that you'd have to "luck" out on finding a "spot" to hit the fish hard.....

the lake i speak of is at the end of the main road you drive in on.... no other directions.... get outta your car and walk straight up that road, don't deviate from the road onto any path UNTIL you're at the lake.... it's about a mile+ walk aswell...

I dunno, i think i'm missing something here.... if you all care to show us where this "lake" and the "super" spots are i'd be more than happy to join you's :Gonefishing:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've went through all 5 pages of this post and i'm still unsure of where the lake you all speak of is.... no one has said they went for a loooooooong ass walk back into the back.... it sounds like you all are going to the tressel part.....

pike007 check your PM's

Well I got up this morning to think today would be a great day for fishing and was about to give the admin of another board a shout when I was informed errands were needed to be ran, so I waited and waited. In waiting I spoke to Spanky who might have joined me out if I was going to make it worth his time for me to pick him up and drop him off (out for more than 1 hour).

I got to my "secret" destination about 13 minutes after leaving home. I hiked out to the first of three ponds to discover there are still no fish but there was a snapper and a big one at that sunning itself in the water. It didnt even show interest in my spinner bait.

I hiked a little more to get to the river portion and a few casts earned me nothing. Not even a snapper! So a little more hiking and I got to my final destination with the idea that if I didnt get a hit in 10 minutes it was time to turn my attention to carp or just take off. Well I was using a spinner bait to start and got nothing. I switched up to a qwikfish and lost one. A few more casts with nothing and I changed up to a lure that rattles. Missed another one. Changed to a different qwikfish and missed a third fish. I just couldnt set the hooks today. Well 5 minutes later I switched back to my spinner bait and I got this nice lil pike. He fought like a monster and then calmed down for me to release him.

http://www.takemefishing.ca/forums/index.p...ewimage&img=152

I kept casting with the spinner bait and nothing more was interested. Switched it up to a qwikfish once more and this bass destroyed it. It waged about a seven minute battle before it calmeddown enough to handle.

http://www.takemefishing.ca/forums/index.p...ewimage&img=153

A few more casts and nothing. Switched things up a little more and chummed for the carp. They began feeding and there were some monster carp chowing down on breadballs. I spooked em since I couldnt lower my baited hook into the water and they didnt want to return so with the rain coming down lightly I switched to a spinner bait once more and missed on a good sized pike as I saw the side of the fish surface and if that was a bass it was gonna be a world record one!

I spent the next five minutes swearing, not realizing I had been out for almost two and a half hours and that I had 45 minutes to make it into the falls for work. Booted it to the falls, ran into Gill Finnigans and got a hook sharpening stone thingie, and some replacement hooks so that I can setup to have hooks that will set!

IBC

Archived