Dalhousie today...

Mike Pike

An aweful morning of weather to fish in. I went out early this morning only to be pelted by wind and rain. Later, ice chunks started flowing along the banks making drifting reeeeally difficult.

But the rain had stopped by about noon and then wind died down a bit.

Fished primarily on the west side of the harbour in front of 'The Princess.'

268boat_bright_1_1.jpg

Lots of current on the west side today so I decided to stick it out for a bit longer. Finally, I got a hit and the fish started to peel line. A great feeling and I totally forgot how crappy the weather was! I new it had some size to it too because of the length of the runs it was making.

After it( or I )had tired, I realized I had a real problem. The ice chunks drifting by were snagging my line as I was bringing the fish in. And I found that with my long handle net in one hand and the my rod in the other, I had too much fish to muscle into the net head first by myself.

Fortunately, a guy stopped by just then and asked if needed a hand. Whew! He netted the fish( complete with chunks of ice )and took a pic for me.

My best Bow this winter.

268Big_Bow_cropped_1_1_1-med.jpg

I wish I had taken a messurement of it too but it was a long fight and I wanted to get it back in the water fast. After lowering it back in the river in my net, I was reward by seeing it shooting out of the net and quickly swim out of site.

:blahblah1: Nice fish Mike: see it don't matter the colour of the water as long as you have curent you should get fish that spot can have it's days. Just take alook at the fish I got there (port pro pics) on second or third page and you will see what I mean by that spot if it just right :wacko:Catfish

Guest fishstick

And to think....that the trade deadline seemed that much more important..... :lol:

Sweet fish M-P. I was scared of getting wet this morning, therefore TSN was my next best option.

Stupid me..... :blahblah1:

Damn....what a nice fish.

:wacko:

I didn't notice your vehicle, Doc, but I went down to the Willows for a bit too. No current down there so I came back to the Princess.

And Bubba, I was drifting a little Power Minnow on a 3-way rig. Tried roe for a bit but no fish, so I went back to the minnow imitator.

Cheers All!

Holy Mackeral .........that is a beauty ! :blahblah1: I'm insanely jealous :wacko: ......The colours are fantastic on that thing !! Got the pic in my files for future reference . I will be looking for his bro . or father :lol: next trip out to Port !!...Congrats on a great catch !

Guest bigfish1965

Awesome colourson that fish. I drove down there around noon, but did not recognize any vehicles. I was driving the 1995 gold Olds 88

Nice car...bad floors but nice car (had a 95 Royale).

Oh yeah..Nice fish Mike.

Archived