Rec Canal

RJR

I'll be at the start line for the rowing club in the morning. If anybody wants to join me I have a gas auger and will drill your holes for you. There was about 12" of ice last week.

Got over to the rowing club this morning, got a few dink perchies on maggots. Ya know what really likes GULP!!!? #@%$##?*&%! mud puppies. Got 3 of the little beasties. Obviously not so endangered in the canal. :Gonefishing:

man i need to get out and do some piking for some fun, darn kids and wife working and me working ect.. :Gonefishing: not making it very easy for me to get out. Sounds like it could have been some fun RJR

Just got back from the canal. A bunch of little dinks and 4 keepers. Really quiet where I was at the start line of the rowing club, but it looked like a little village on the ice about half way between me and the dain city bridge. Yeah jwl I could of used some company, and bigugli those ugly little creatures are sure plentiful in the canal, but I was fortunate this morning not to catch any. Looks like I will have to go back and try for some more perch again tomorrow in the same spot (because I know they are there just waiting for me).

Back from the rec.canal ......very slow fishing....We got a couple of small perch , 5 gobies and 1 pike . The pike took my clip-on float under the ice .....gone ! :Gonefishing: The motorcycle races were going on at the Lincoln St. ramp and there were only a few guys fishing near us at Broadway bridge....... All fish were caught on small minnows except the pike & a keeper perch which hit pond chubs . Here's a gobie that I was sure was a nice fat perch !!!

rec.gobie.jpg

This pike gave me a good run .....very scrappy for the size......

rec.pike.jpg

Guest Rockfish

Nice Winter Snot Rocket there Smerch, sounds like u did a bit better than when I saw u guys on the Martindale yesterday. :D

That one probably scared all of RJR's perch away. B)

:Gonefishing:

Guest canadadude

Nice Pike smerch :dunno: nice mess of perchies there Pope( some real Jumbos) :huh: the kitty looks like it's got an eye on a few :D ! Wow nice Walleye,nice pike and a mess of beautifull perch I may have to give up trouting :P I couldn't even catch a cold today :lol::P

nice mess of perch Pope, man I wish I could have came with ya,man I don't know how much I like this wife workin thing, then other days I have to work, really cuttin into my fishin time, looks like I have had to turn down a couple good invites lately too. I tried to put the kids up for sale cheap, but no takers :dunno:

Nice pike there Smerch, I thought I saw your truck by the bridge on Sat. afternoon. Nice haul of perch there Pope, I guess it does pay aff to go a little further for those tastey little guys.

Nice mess of perch Pope ! How was the weather up at Nippissing ? :D I'll trade you one nice fat pike for 5 fat jumbos !! ?? :lol: Kitty looks like he can't wait for dinner.....keeping a good eye on those critters ! :huh:

RJR -----we were close to the bridge in the black Frabill hut .......and there was another guy with the same hut on the north side of the bridge .....was that you ???

Candude......I don't see a walleye pic here......perhaps it's the gobie that confused you ........same colours but a tad uglier..... :dunno:

Nice mess of perch Pope ! How was the weather up at Nippissing ? :huh:

Those are Lake Erie perch from St Williams. It a little tent city out there...amazing. It's a good place to fish....much easier drive than simcoe and nice easy walk out to the Perchin grounds. It's too bad we can't fish Erie like that around here most of the time....maybe Abino will start producing....wonder how far out the ice is safe there :dunno:

Guest canadadude

Nice mess of perch Pope ! How was the weather up at Nippissing ? :D I'll trade you one nice fat pike for 5 fat jumbos !! ?? :) Kitty looks like he can't wait for dinner.....keeping a good eye on those critters ! <_<

RJR -----we were close to the bridge in the black Frabill hut .......and there was another guy with the same hut on the north side of the bridge .....was that you ???

Candude......I don't see a walleye pic here......perhaps it's the gobie that confused you ........same colours but a tad uglier..... :rolleyes:

Smerch dude check out erie eyes thread!! I read that post just before this one!!!! :huh: Get your shack out to Pt Abino and latch on to some of those beauty eyes :) Nicer eats then the Pikies I'm sure :rolleyes:

Nice catch Dad and Pope. That kitty looks like it's hungry for fish. I sure hope you shared Pope. :rolleyes: I was out ice fishing yesterday...my girlfriend was the only one that caught a fish...a nice rainbow. Used the new auger for the first time since buying it at a yard sale for $10. It worked great! Now that's what I call a good deal.

Happy Fishing :rolleyes:

Ya we had rain more than half our snow is gone. St. Catherines was diffrent? :lol: Tempature is still +1 celsius right now on my porch...

Snow is melting fast here in St.Cath . ...lots of water on the ice ....hope we don't get too much run off , it will dirty up the water . The temp now is 34*F ( 2*C) ......hope she cools down tonight .... (slosh) :o

Archived