First Cast

Hellfish

Well it was damn cold,very windy and a little bit of snow out there met with JWL for a little afternoon fish he was there for a half hour b4 me, got there chatted with him casted and was saying this is what u have to do then missed a bite all of a sudden came back SMASH nice hit first cast good fight, JWL landed it for me, we didnt have a net. Shes my PB laker 5.6 lbs on a cheap scale. Nice meeting u JWl was a good time out.

hellfishlaker.jpg

Guest cplummer

congrats on the laker..having JWL fishin beside you always makes the day go by faster...good guy to have around..(specially with no net) :blahblah1:

cliff..

Well i aint gonna let off of it for awhile need to get a pike and a eye then im happy. Surprisingly good fight for a 5.5lber nice colours too. thnx for the info on that one Denis i owe ya one B):blahblah1:

had a pretty good time meeting up with ya too Hellfish, :) some good wintery fun for sure, wind was a little brutal.Funny how ya got that one first cast,go figure I was there at least a 1/2 hour before you showed up B) . All in all pretty fun, a couple good laughs and shop talk to help warm up a cold windy day.

Hellfish is a good guy to have around, he will help find the weak spots in the shore ice for ya no problem :D:lol: . Well it's the river, and anyone who knows the river, knows the banks aren't always as hard as they look.Cool to be there for your PB laker, I like the challenge of trying to hit the lakers from shore.

I had something huge on for like 30 seconds, had a huge smash and grab, rod buckles right over, a few good tugs then :) gone.Atleast I got to touch a nice one today, the water is nice and chilly too.

Thanks for sharing the great day Hellfish,and also nice to see that some other people might think I am a good guy to have some fun with and pass the day even when it's not so nice out :blahblah1:

Nice going ....that's a hell of a nice fish ! B) It's gotta be fun battling that laker in the current ! Did you forget the net .......or does that floatsuit give you confidence in shore landing ? :D JWL will bend your ear & keep your mind off the wind and cold for sure . He has put many hrs. in fishing the mighty Niagara ! Thanks for the great picture .....I think I know that place behind you .....been there 3 times .......sign says....."Gone Fishing" :blahblah1:

lol @ floatmaster, i hear ya on that i couldnt even catch a cold the other day, today was pure damn luck :P which i will take. JWL tha was crazi not only did i fall through once i fell through twice, i guess thats what happens when your over 250lbs u find the weak spots easily :D Thanx smerch the fight was preety good and i dont have a net lol im ghetto like that, the look on jwls face whn i said i got a bite was like :Gonefishing: like I was just screwing around but after he heard the drag peel it was more like :D lol we were both preety amazed on the first cast i get a nice laker. Much better than pulling up 6" perch through the ice thats for sure. And that was the first fish on my new frontier so a beauty fish to break her in :)

I almost never bring a net either,as a matter of fact, mine is covered up in the boat, I think the catch ratio goes up when this fish know you don't have one....then the big ones come out :D , just like when they know ya aren't running a leader :o , I still wish I at least got to see that one, now all we need is the weather to cooperate a little more, not the easiest wind conditions today, but atleast at our backs some what, beside the odd little snow tornado :P . Man I love fishin in the winter :Gonefishing: . Gotta try again this week, maybe tommorrow afternoon, and Thursday. Still gotta love the first cast deal, gets the hopes up of a stellar day for sure, and I think besides the :D , I may have called Hellfish a couple names too for that, :) I fished steady for 1/2 before he came.

Beauty guys. That wind was chilly today but at least it was on yer backs today. I took it easy today and besides a long walk in the bush with the dog, I really had a lazy day at home.

Damm should have head out :Gonefishing::D

Jack i think ur right about the net thing prolly wont buy one still :D JWL i know i would have been calling u alot of names if u got one on the first cast out loud thats for sure. Despite the temps and winds wasnt that bad actually started sweating abit, chili u need to get out fishing these -20 degree tmps are perfect :Gonefishing:

Nice work Hellfish. Only us mindless ones make it out in these conditions. JWL seems to be a killer guy, never met him in person but have messaged back and forth with him. Seems to be stand up dude. Hope to get out with him some time. Again nice work on the trout.

Yup def one of the better d00ds in this world thats for sure keeps the convo flowing and the smokes a smoking :Gonefishing: heading out again thursday brad u wanna hit it up pm me, i think jwl might be going as well.

Guest canadadude

Nice laker Hellfish :Gonefishing: gotta love the lakers great fight!!! No net eh sounds like some of the crew at port"d" :D If I had $1.00 for every fish I netted this year down there I would have to claim it on my taxes :D The good thing though about netting dudes trouties is you get to see first hand what there using :)

Hey smech I've seen that sign to,closest I ever got to being in the store :P I just gave up plenty of other shops grabbing my $$$$$$$$$$ :o

Guest canadadude

canadadude u better start collecting the fees soon :lol: thnx classicfishing

Naw gotta help out the fellow fishers,besides like I said it's a great way to see what baits are working ;) Now the cats outa the bag next time you hook a fish 10 dudes with nets will be standing there trying to find out what your using :unsure::):lol:

the jigs weren't throwing very far today, as fast as your line got wet there was icicles hanging off it :lol::unsure: , and then all that would happen is all your loose line got froze, and drooped into the water from being too heavy with ice..and a couple bird's nests to boot :lol:

My big bite off of the day yesterday came on a chartruesse gulp worm, I don't mind telling people what they are hittin on..ya still have to learn how to present the bait to the fish ;):)

Archived