Pike pic

Tyler0420

Thanks for posting it Tyler ....yes it was a beautiful fish Tony .  Thanks to my wife with an Iphone  pictures can be posted ....will try to post direct from her phone through WiFi .....The pike was caught about 100' from the trailer from the west dock about 20' from shore in 4 fow....right where I chummed for carp yesterday ( maybe pike like p & c  corn ?  )

A guy is on the east dock now tossing a white spinner bait ....earlier this morning there was something churning up the water there ....maybe some larger bait fish being chased by a pike or bass ...The docks will soon be choked solid with weeds , will have to start fishing where it drops to about 9 ft. to fish.  My 4" husky jerk runs about a foot deep with the fine steel leader , just nicely over most of the weeds .

Finally putting the boat in tomorrow... gassed her up today , got my dock space , just need some worms and off to the races !   :Gonefishing:

Thanks fishingking ....got a couple of large mouth today from the same spot . One about 3 lbs put out a real good scrap . 

Trying to figure out how to post from my wifes phone but she can't sign my name in post for me.....will have to check on line ...

We get to see all the anglers coming in with there catches ....lots of perch coming in & one nice eye tonight .

4 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

Nice bill....I see you are all set up at the lake now..looks beauty there

Heaven Jack ! it's nasty out there now ....Strong  SE winds & rain . Guys pulled their boats out yesterday as docks are set in the last top notch & boats end up ON the docks , damaging both dock & boats .I read that the lake will remain high for an indefinite time ....

These are "shopping days"....prices insane here , except gas at the "ranch"  at  $1.06....good thing we have a Dollar Store 15 min.away  !! :)

We have a young boy next to us spending time with his "Oma" ...set his rod up with a slip float ...had a ball catching small perch from the docks . Last night I hooked a LM , called him over & let him fight the bass on my 10.5 ' rod , then take the bass in the net to show Oma what he caught , then released it .....one excited little boy !  THAT is a big part of the beauty here Jack .   :Gonefishing:

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

Heaven Jack ! it's nasty out there now ....Strong  SE winds & rain . Guys pulled their boats out yesterday as docks are set in the last top notch & boats end up ON the docks , damaging both dock & boats .I read that the lake will remain high for an indefinite time ....

These are "shopping days"....prices insane here , except gas at the "ranch"  at  $1.06....good thing we have a Dollar Store 15 min.away  !! :)

We have a young boy next to us spending time with his "Oma" ...set his rod up with a slip float ...had a ball catching small perch from the docks . Last night I hooked a LM , called him over & let him fight the bass on my 10.5 ' rod , then take the bass in the net to show Oma what he caught , then released it .....one excited little boy !  THAT is a big part of the beauty here Jack .   :Gonefishing:

Good job getting the young kid out there fishing. He’ll wanna come visit oma all summer long.  You might have a new fishing buddy this summer.  

Archived