My Amazing Plants

knightfisher

Once in a while I post pics of this amazing plant on the forum.
Not many people get to see something like this, except the people
in my neighborhood.
It's always a pleasure watching people walk by, stop, stare, continue and stop again for that second look.
This is the 15th year for this plant. By late fall all the leaves fall off and all that's left is a long straight pole.
Each year in early May I cut down the stock to the lowest bud forming and see how it grows each year.
The plant usually reaches it's maximum height in 3-4 months....wild.
Last year I let a sucker plant grow, and currently it passed the original plant by about a foot.
This year the sucker plant reached a height of 15'6''.
The leaves currently measure 24 inches wide.
With just the one plant, as posted before, the leaves grew a whopping 34 inches wide. Amazing.
Now you know why I call it the Amazing Plant.
ps: Sorry if some of you thought it was of the 420 variety.

DSCN4061.JPG

DSCN4062.JPG

DSCN4064.JPG

I always have a quick peek at this plant as I drive by .  I missed a lot of "peeks" this year since being away so it's a treat to see this plant reach this height !

It' amazing that those small branches with large rhubarb type leaves holds up to some of the high winds .

Do you call this plant Grace ?   B)

Thanks for all the funny responses, made me laugh for sure:roflblack:
Had the name of the plant on the tip of my tongue, and at the
same time rolled up one of the leaves of the plant and....what
what was I going to say..... I'm sure it will come to me...:tease:

On 9/16/2019 at 3:27 PM, Chrisb said:

Do you know the actual name of this plant. I get nothing searching the amazing plant.

Pretty sure this is a catalpa tree. My Dad always loved these trees. Can cut a branch off, and stick it in the ground and you get a new tree. Have to trim them way back every year or they will get huge real fast. Pain to take those leaves up in the fall.

6 hours ago, kgm said:

Pretty sure this is a catalpa tree. My Dad always loved these trees. Can cut a branch off, and stick it in the ground and you get a new tree. Have to trim them way back every year or they will get huge real fast. Pain to take those leaves up in the fall.

I thought it might be, but wasn't sure.

Archived