Amazing Plant 2020

Last year the main tree 16 years old grew about 12 feet. The sucker, this is the 3rd year grew 15 feet.

The race is on again this year. The current date is May 21st 2020.

DSCN4111.JPG

DSCN4113.JPG

You can "hear" that thing growing Dan !  I always glance at it as I drive by ..... Send me a pm and give me the name of the steroids it's on .....   ^_^

Hmm, I don't like the looks of that! Ever see "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"?  I'd pour a big jug of roundup on it, wait a week, then burn it. If anyone in your household starts to act strangely, run and don't look back!

1 hour ago, мормышка said:

What planet did you find that on knightfisher?

Came from the planet Melmac  . 

17 minutes ago, Surf and Turf said:

"Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Was that the creepy movie where those big  pods grew another human duplicate that took over it's host's mind when they fell asleep ?  Reminds me of some Hitchcock movies ......    👽

13 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Came from the planet Melmac  . 

Was that the creepy movie where those big  pods grew another human duplicate that took over it's host's mind when they fell asleep ?  Reminds me of some Hitchcock movies ......    👽

Yes, that's the one. Alien bean pods are not to be taken lightly!

1 hour ago, Surf and Turf said:

Yes, that's the one. Alien bean pods are not to be taken lightly!

Did you see " Cocoon"  (Wilf Brimley, Don Ameche ,)  ...hilarious .....where they found those pods in a swimming pool , and turned them into "youngsters"  ......"Cat couldn't scratch it"  Comedy at its best .  

See what you've started knightfisher ?    😇

8 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Did you see " Cocoon"  (Wilf Brimley, Don Ameche ,)  ...hilarious .....where they found those pods in a swimming pool , and turned them into "youngsters"  ......"Cat couldn't scratch it"  Comedy at its best .  

See what you've started knightfisher ?    😇

Lol, yes that was a good one! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
June 16 to July 22 both plants have grown 7 feet.
The younger plant, which should be taller than the
twisted one, had somehow lost the top shoot, and
took a few days to correct itself and continue to grow
on a slight angle now.
The largest leaf is now 26''X 24''

DSCN4139.JPG

DSCN4141.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Need to water this one almost daily Bill. The driveway beside the plant has a stone base of about 18 inches and probably sucks away most of the water. The leaves will start to wilt without watering or rain.

Many people walking by give it a second look. If I'm out at the time, some ask questions about it.

If they have a child with them, I ask them if they recall the story--Jack and the bean stalk🙃

Archived