People Targeting Bass At Lake Gibson Oos

RaedwulfFisher

same ole every year, it's funny couple years back seen a guy posting oos bass pics on instagram, I told him its illegal and he laughed at me at first and said if it was illegal why do they tell you how to catch em in "In Fisherman" for that time of year. I educated him on the regs and he researched and actually apologized to myself. He's now a very reputable angler actually, does very well out on the water, legally. It's OPG's property but you would think a simple sign near the waters edge with quick overview of the regs would help because some people are actually unaware of regulations.

same ole every year, it's funny couple years back seen a guy posting oos bass pics on instagram, I told him its illegal and he laughed at me at first and said if it was illegal why do they tell you how to catch em in "In Fisherman" for that time of year. I educated him on the regs and he researched and actually apologized to myself. He's now a very reputable angler actually, does very well out on the water, legally. It's OPG's property but you would think a simple sign near the waters edge with quick overview of the regs would help because some people are actually unaware of regulations.

I once contacted the MNR about posting signs in places where snagging and OOS fishing.. and their reply was along the lines of : "they don't want to pay for the upkeep of the signs or to risk and damages to the signs" S***, ill even offer to take care of a sign if it was anywhere near where I am living

Some people are aware of the regs but ignore them .....some don't know one fish from another .....some play dumb and say " :dunno: " and some may be native & can legally take oos fish ? (not sure on that one) . Bottom line is we don't need to know anything about fish species or seasons to get a license . ( or what a garbage pail looks like) ..... We need to revamp our antiquated fishing regs ......

It isn't an education thing it is a lack of care thing.

People are ignorant to rules because it is for others, this one time wont hurt ... fishing regulations, littering bylaws, driving regulations, etc

I was crappie fishing last night and 2 kids came down fishing and they started fishing with crank baits so i went to them and asked what they were fishing for they said they were fishing for bass

so i explained to them that bass is out of season I explained to them the rules by the time i got done talking to them they were scared to fish and wanted to leave i felt sorry for them so i set them up for crappie fishing the boys had a blast

I was crappie fishing last night and 2 kids came down fishing and they started fishing with crank baits so i went to them and asked what they were fishing for they said they were fishing for bass

so i explained to them that bass is out of season I explained to them the rules by the time i got done talking to them they were scared to fish and wanted to leave i felt sorry for them so i set them up for crappie fishing the boys had a blast

Good job gunner.

It's so sad. I've seen so many people down there throwing spinnerbaits and senkos, and a few guys purposely snagging with their rod. I told them I will be giving the Ministry a call. None of them seem to care and I haven't seen the Ministry down there much at all. :(

Some people are aware of the regs but ignore them .....some don't know one fish from another .....some play dumb and say " :dunno: " and some may be native & can legally take oos fish ? (not sure on that one) . Bottom line is we don't need to know anything about fish species or seasons to get a license . ( or what a garbage pail looks like) ..... We need to revamp our antiquated fishing regs ......

My buddy says "on the res I have no limits but on the white man's land we have to follow the white man's rules." Yesterday he bought some gear and a one year sport he's headed to zone eight next week for work where the bass are open all year one the lake he'll be fishing.

Zone 16. Pike/walleye open 2nd Saturday in May. (May14th)

time to sharpen the points on my spoons ;)

It's so sad. I've seen so many people down there throwing spinnerbaits and senkos, and a few guys purposely snagging with their rod. I told them I will be giving the Ministry a call. None of them seem to care and I haven't seen the Ministry down there much at all. :(

They are down to the area on a regular basis . Problem is 2 guys can only be stretched so far.

I wish the regs would just be altered. There's no good reason for bass to be closed from December thru April. Bass are still "pre spawn" for most (if not all) of zone 16. I haven't seen any beds yet anyway. Water temps haven't warmed enough for bass to begin spawning. At the very least a change in the regs would eliminate a lot of the arguments I see on social media. Keep Bass closed May and June is what I would like to see.

They are down to the area on a regular basis . Problem is 2 guys can only be stretched so far.

More than a couple inches gotta hurt! It's a shame they don't have the people to do what needs to be done.

Archived