Suzuki outboards

deetch

Doing some research and it seems like Suzuki is making their way up the ranks. Anyone own one or knows of someone that does? I may be repowering this spring.  Looking at the 90 or 115 hp. Any reviews or comments would be appreciated 

I bought a new Suzuki in 2016 ,don't have anything negative to say about it and price and warranty cannot be beat ,  I got it at C.A.S power marine in Ayr its just off the 401 outside of cambridge , they had the best prices on new suzuki's in ontario at the time . 

Suzuki make outstanding engines. I have a 10 year-old 90 hp Suzi on my Smoker Craft (bought from Marsh's in Waubushene), it runs like new even though I put a huge amount of time on it every year from ice-out to freeze up. Always starts right away, idles so quiet you cant hear it, runs smooth as silk, no smoke, no fussing, would buy another one 100%.

bought a brand new df9.9 in 2009 ran great for 3 years then no spark.....good luck getting parts needed a stator 600.00 but non in canada that was after chasing a coil n cdi also non in canada.It was 4 years old at the time and suzuki canada had no parts I needed.Got a stator from i the usa iboats 425.00 usd then sold mtr.I was very disappointed with a Japanese mtr having electrical issues after 4 years but maybe just a fluke.I was more disappointed with finding parts in Canada.Just saying

I knew a bear guide north of Thunder Bay. He put about 16,000 km on year on his ATV's, liked the Honda, Yamaha, and CanAm, didn't like the Arctic Cat or Polaris. His oldest machine was a beat up Suzuki. He was waiting for it to die but it never did. Didn't look after it at all but said it always started and never left him stranded. I think that all the major brands of outboards are pretty high quality. I bought my 200 and 9.9 Merc in 2014 and have had no issues. Something you do have to consider is the availability of parts and service in the areas you do most of your boating. Suzuki and Honda dealerships can be few and far between in the north country while it seems that Mercury and Yamaha are everywhere.

My thoughts also Verado. The Suzuki outboards seem to be amazing but service and parts are going to be the deal breaker for me.  There must be a reason why Suzuki is not expanding their dealership especially in the Niagara region.  

I have an older 2005 Merc 4stk efi , haven't touched anything under the hood since I bought it about 8 yrs.ago . ...adding Sea Foam to the gas . The dealer (C & J) switched to Tohatso  which I have been told are excellent motors ...a product from Nissan . And now that shop is gone... And Merc's went to China ??? 

Bottom line .... I would prefer any motor made in Japan now . ( parts pending )  :Gonefishing:

I've never owned anything Suzuki but know guys who've owned ATV's and they were great! Personally I own a 2003 Polaris ATV, and others in my camp own Polaris bikes as well. They've been very good machines and really reliable! I look after it and put premium gas in it and it has never let me down.

On 11/30/2020 at 7:30 PM, Bubba14 said:

My old stomping grounds, I grew up in Emsdale!

I lived on Ferguson Rd. just out of Burks Falls. I had a 40 hp. Suzuki 2 stroke in the late 80s early 90s. Was a great motor but loud...................................Daniel

On 12/1/2020 at 6:30 AM, Row dog said:

bought a brand new df9.9 in 2009 ran great for 3 years then no spark.....good luck getting parts needed a stator 600.00 but non in canada that was after chasing a coil n cdi also non in canada.It was 4 years old at the time and suzuki canada had no parts I needed.Got a stator from i the usa iboats 425.00 usd then sold mtr.I was very disappointed with a Japanese mtr having electrical issues after 4 years but maybe just a fluke.I was more disappointed with finding parts in Canada.Just saying

I needed some parts for my Suzy and found them at a marina in New Jersey. Parts were shipped to my door for less money than I was quoted in Canada. Even with the exchange................................Daniel

Archived