Welland river

DNorton

Anyone have any insights for fishing the welland river for pike? Fished it last night for 5 hours and short of one pike missing my slash rap we haven’t found them yet. Any suggestions on lures / colours that have worked ? We launch out of ec brown park and trolled / casted toward the Niagara st bridge. Marked lots of fish no takers. Any info is greatly appreciated will try again tomorrow and see what we can get. 

Lots of patience. Visibility is poor at best so something with a rattle. Red and yellow xrap has worked. Water temperature is probably higher then normal already so definitely pick ur times. Slow. Lots of walleye in there if nothing else. Lots of trees n such towards Nigara street end to hang up on. Worm harness red beads/chrome blades has worked as well with super slow troll against flow. Definitely need the chatter

6 hours ago, Snags said:

My conclusion ... there are no pike left in Niagara.  Not sure where they moved to, but all my usual spots this past week and I have one follow to talk about.

I’ve tried numerous times this week being the welland river and other then one miss, had nothing. I find it really strange this year. Usually pike are my go to when I’m not catching anything else and I’m not getting anything. Starting to think it’s me.