12hr carp session

Tyler0420

1 hour ago, Tyler0420 said:

Well this weekend is round two for the challenge series. I’ll be fishing against a female angler. These girls know how to fish I hope I don’t get my Butt kicked 🙏
thinking about trying the otonabee river or maybe rice lake.  I have no experience fishing these locations but that’s ok. I’ll go the night before maybe prefish and bait the swim for morning. 

May the gods be with you Tyler .  The wimmins have been known to the kick the butts of their fishing "partners" . I heard they cannot lift anything over 50 lbs (gov't law)....so you have some chance to win ...

I'll take my "new" canoe out for a test paddle and try your old swim for a few hours ....Can you fish your last winning spot ?  

1 hour ago, steelshady said:

We fished Reene Park twice this weekend for three hours each session.  Caught two carp and lost four using two rods, fishing seemed slow...

Well ,that's not bad fishing , 6 fish took your bait .  It must have been a zoo there ? Parking can be a prob. unless you come in from the other side at JCP . What time of the day did you fish ?  I can come in by canoe now.  ;)

Actually no one was fishing, except for the fatz boys carp anglers in the back.  We fished from 11:00 am until 2:00 pm both days, can't stay there after 3:00 pm since the sun is a killer.  Chummed with Maze and fished with the corn from Petes.

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Can you fish your last winning spot ?  

I could fish it.  I’m sure there will be some fish there but not as many as when I was there last.  I caught it at the perfect time for post spawn. 
I haven’t been out much with work gettin in the way so I kinda wanna fish a new swim.  If all I wanted todo was win then I’d probably fish there but I’m up for a new challenge in the challenge series :)

2 hours ago, steelshady said:

Actually no one was fishing, except for the fatz boys carp anglers in the back.  We fished from 11:00 am until 2:00 pm both days, can't stay there after 3:00 pm since the sun is a killer.  Chummed with Maze and fished with the corn from Petes.

I see them there often ...nice guys to gab about carp fishing . Those hours , 11 - 2 pm were productive for me also . I would try earlier on these hot days & be gone by 1 pm. I usually chum with maze and use the hair rig with the same maze ...gobies can rip it off easily .  

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

I could fish it.  I’m sure there will be some fish there but not as many as when I was there last.  I caught it at the perfect time for post spawn. 
I haven’t been out much with work gettin in the way so I kinda wanna fish a new swim.  If all I wanted todo was win then I’d probably fish there but I’m up for a new challenge in the challenge series :)

They are always in there but the brutes may head out to the lake . I would try fishing the shallow spots there as that's where I had good luck a few years back . Good luck !  

Well fished my 2nd round 12 hour session yesterday in the rain and managed 2 fish 21lb8oz and 11lb8oz. The lady I was against unfortunately was skunked. She was fishing something like a 36hr session but blanked during the 12hrs she dedicated to the challenge. She caught fish before and after her challenge time. Shity way to win but that’s the way she goes. 
1st run of the day was the most savage take ever. Took off like a freight train. Next thing you know I feel line rubbing and boom, break off. Wish I had my kayak so I could’ve went out and tried to untangle whatever the line was around. Fished the same spot as my first challenge, had no time to bait anywhere else. 
round 3 I’ll be against  2 other anglers because of the odd number that entered. 

EF46B58C-F759-4D34-9729-122EA8BAEA69.png

Nice going Tyler !  Too bad you lost the freight train , there are some monsters in there ! I haven't snagged up there yet .....the big rocks on the other bank could be a problem as some carp head out to T.O.  My next trip there will be with paddles ! 

25 minutes ago, Steve_Guelph said:

Good for you Tyler. So is that a 2-0 perfect record?  

Yup. If you lose you’re out. 
One guy in Manitoba or Saskatchewan is crushing the 30lbers though. I think he’ll take it. One of his challenges was 4 fish 137lbs. 43lber was included in that. 

1 minute ago, Tyler0420 said:

Yup. If you lose you’re out. 
One guy in Manitoba or Saskatchewan is crushing the 30lbers though. I think he’ll take it. One of his challenges was 4 fish 137lbs. 43lber was included in that. 

Actually the 137 was a spring tourney not the challenge series. But still impressive 

Are there rules where you are allowed to catch the carp ? There may be large private ponds where carp are fed daily to put on the beef .  (European style)

43 lbs .....wow ...I'd like to see that picture .

13 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Are there rules where you are allowed to catch the carp ? There may be large private ponds where carp are fed daily to put on the beef .  (European style)

43 lbs .....wow ...I'd like to see that picture .

Nope fish wherever you want. 
I think this was the fish

EA16CDF0-1341-40C8-B4EF-C6C1CC385FDC.jpeg

1 hour ago, DNorton said:

Congrats on the win tyler! I would love nothing more then to enter such contests but im not sure my wife would allow me to fish 12 hrs straight without a divorce haha. Keep us in the loop for round 3..

There’s a spring,summer,fall tourney also. There a week long. 
I’m hoping the Canadian carp classic comes back next year. They canceled it this year and last cuz of covid.

• 3 weeks later...

Baited my swim for tomorrow’s challenge. Haven’t fish this spot before. I’ll be fishing 10-25fow.  Mostly focus on the 15-18 range.  I was slacking I should’ve been baiting all week but my day doesn’t end till 9pm and don’t feel like doing much after that. rain tomorrow hopefully the fish will be feeding. 

0420AC86-F4B1-41DB-AB85-7366DB677398.jpeg

Well that’s it for me. I had a great time and made it further then I thought I would.  Only landed a 20lb carp but need 90lbs to win. Showed up to my spot in the morning and 4 vehicles were there. I’m thinking how the heck are there this many people here. Ended up being “fat boys fishing” and one of the guys was actually fishing his part of the challenge series. He lost also but put up a good battle. He ended up with 50lbs of fish but needed over 80lbs to win. It’s was a great day fishing with “fat boys fishing” they might be the nicest guys I’ve ever met. Not to mention team work. One guy hooks up and everyone is clearing lines, grabbing a net, getting the sling ready. Fish is weighed, pic taken and fish back in the water.  It’s was a great day out. 

9D853129-409A-44AB-8705-1D46EA602B63.jpeg

9CCC7A51-E55D-416E-8964-38969AE0DC82.jpeg

That's a nice fat one Ty. Three more like that would give you 80 lbs of fish . The weather here was mixed , we had it all ,....rain , sun ,clouds , thunder , lightening ...not exactly the best day for fish to be on the feed . That spot did produce some fish I see . Are those guys the same group that fishes Rennie ? They were a great bunch of guys to talk with and they know their stuff about carping ! 

This week looks good to get out ,  cooler and hopefully the aftermath of yesterdays stormy weather will get the carp on the feed again . 

9 minutes ago, genec said:

Oh to be young and have that amount of stamina!!
My old body couldn’t stand to hunt or fish anything for a 12 hour period!!

I hear ya Gene  ha !  I  have put in 12 hours lately .....took 3 outings to do it .....  :Gonefishing: