Where's all the bass reports??

bucketmouthjohnny

Woke up around 5 am couldn't get back to sleep, got up around 5:30, got in the truck, picked up a timmys and headed to beaverdams, place was empty at 6 am. Those fat pigs (carp were doing their thing). Tried the lillies in the first pond, zippo, threw the frog, pitched a bait and threw the floating worm. Moved a little and threw the spook in the open water, zilch. Walked to the big pond, threw the floating worm several times, nothing, flipped into some pockets, nothing, threw the spook, connected with a little 1 pounder, released him. Walked a little more, threw the same 3 baits, nothing, a little further down, nailed another 1 pounder on the spook in 1 fow. Moved 30 yards, got a real small one on the floating worm. Started to work my way down the main road (some people think it is the 401)Fished a couple of areas and nada, finally got to my sweet spot, nothing! :blahblah1: Moved a little further , bang! nice 2 plus, just about to lift him out and flops off, beside the rocks. He hit the spook. Moved a little further down and got a nice one on (pushing 3 lbs), i was fishing high on the bank and the fish started to head to the shoreline weeds, and like an idiot i lifted my rod a little to high, out he comes again this time sending my spook right back at me. That was the last action for my 2 1/2 hours of fishing. All in all, not a bad day (trust me, i have had worse). I worked the spook, floating worm and texas rigged bait (had a small hit in first pond but missed it) in all the areas. Left the spinnerbait and frog rod in the truck for the trek and travelled with the 3 rods mentioned. Weather was cool this morning, 56 degrees and no wind for the most part (slight breeze picked up around 8 am and i was out of there at 8:35 am. Who else got out???

Final line, 3 fish landed, 2 lost, actually, i lost a real small one on the floating worm, was maybe 6 inches, so 3 lost. The spook was the best bait followed by the floating worm, which tells me, maybe i should have had a spinnerbait on :D texas rigged plastic was a waste of time and is time consuming . :blush:

Guest Bubba14

Had to work last night, didn't get home till 4:30 this morning. Was up by 10, but couldn't get my teenage sone out of bed till 11:00. Was on the water (Black Creek) by 1210 in the canoe. Fished till 2:30 throwing primarily spinnerbait, chatterbug then my son switched to a spinner and worm. Hit two snot rockets on the spinnerbait and two rockies and a sunny on the spinner/worm. No bass at all!! Saw a few largies that had to be pushing 4+ but couldn't get them to hit. Probably won't get out again till Wednesday.

Guest canadadude

Got about 6-8 smallies down at Port "D" this morning nothing over 2lbs and most were under 1lb!!! North wind made it alittle tough out there and it was crowded on the west pier and the water was mud on the east!!! Fished minnows under a slip float and tubes but the tubes weren't connecting this morning, lots of Bass fishing time now just hope the winds cooperate alittle better!!!

Got about 6-8 smallies down at Port "D" this morning nothing over 2lbs and most were under 1lb!!! North wind made it alittle tough out there and it was crowded on the west pier and the water was mud on the east!!! Fished minnows under a slip float and tubes but the tubes weren't connecting this morning, lots of Bass fishing time now just hope the winds cooperate alittle better!!!

I tryed for about an hour off the peir...got one little guy on a tube ..but that was it,,,what were you using??

I hit Port Colborne.....1 sheephead about 5 pounds, hit crystal beach....nothing, hit Fort Erie and got a 4.2 pound smallie and went to another spot and got a 3 pound pike......so it was a mixed bag for me.....to much moss from shore to really be affective!

Guest cplummer

very cold out where i went but landed about 60 largies with wife and son

between 1 and 7 lbs.. great day and will post pic on my web site... only 2 pike but they were small..( 2lbs) ..not a bad day considering...

been chasing pike 12 days straight now but nothing big at all..

cliff..

I got a nice smallie today......about 8" long :blahblah1: .....but , I came home with 7 decent perchies from Port Dal . I took a walk half way out on the west pier , saw a few small smallies and went perchin ! At 2:30 they opened up a hydro gate & the water became very dirty, and the bite bit dust ! Tomorrow.......eyes from Quinte for lunch in Ft. Erie and maybe a few "fresh" perch too ! :blush:

Left for lake eugina with LINZ at 2:45am to beat the rush got there around 5:45 waited in line and got the boat in by 6:30 (never beat the rush) boated 25+ bass and left around 1:45pm.

First time up there and was a beautiful lake fog was thick air was cold in the a.m +2C but turned out to be a great day

here's a few pics of some of the fish we got. Fish hit on a variety of baits from top water, cranks, senkos, and so on.

P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010014.jpg

Niagarafisher

very cold out where i went but landed about 60 largies with wife and son

between 1 and 7 lbs.. great day and will post pic on my web site... only 2 pike but they were small..( 2lbs) ..not a bad day considering...

been chasing pike 12 days straight now but nothing big at all..

cliff..

hey cliff glad you had a good day out on the water but the fish you say is a 5lb on your site is mabee 2 or 2.5 largies always look alot bigger than they weigh

I went out in port colborne, no luck. Either the bass are still on there beds in the sancturaries or they were gone deep.

Saw lots of boats far out on the lake, maybe when the results from the bass turney is posted well know if others had better luck in port colborne.

Nothing Impressive? bigugli you caught a 2lb walleye in the welland river, I think that's impressive for the welland river

There are lots in the river that are a lot bigger. Same goes for the pike.

Archived