Where does FMZ 20 start 16 end?

Dan Andrews

OK our very own NFN/MNR contact has got us some answers. Thank You Greg for you hard efforts. Greg had to go to the top with this one and they still didn't know. After quite a bit of time (Lake trout closure) we have some "Draft Regulation" borders in the form of a PDF. Want to comment? Contact your local rep or sporting club and ask to speak to the MNR liaison.

The Harbor is proposed to be FMZ 20 boys right to the 4 falls.

http://www.niagarafishing.net/forums/index...ost&id=1218

Check out detail 3 for Port Dalhousie.

Dan :dunno:

Guest Rockfish

That link is not working chilli, it says there is an error.

The error returned was:

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

You mean all that work that Tommy Niagara did by going to the MNR and they told him that the Lake Ontario division starts at the beach shoreline is not true ? Or is this a new change in the regs ?

Seems pretty funny that depending on who u talk to at the MNR, that they would give a different answer unless they've finally decided on one answer. It would be nice to finally know so that laws aren't broken. :blink:

It wouldn't be government if they gave an honest once and for all answer. :blink: Imagine the tax savings if rules didn't have to be re-interpreted every couple of months.

Guest Rockfish

Well if it's decided that it's Zone 20 (Lake O) right to Lakeport Rd then that's good to know. I remember that the last answer posted a while back contradicts that one.

:blink:

Daniel,

''The Harbor is FMZ 20 boys right to the 4 falls.'' is incorrect.

On page 80 of the Regs it states --Additional zone 16 fishing opportunities,

and states rainbow and brown trout and pacific salmon is open all year round

between Lakeport Road and Lake Ontario.

So being a grey area of were Lake O starts, one could assume you don't enter

Lake O untill you leave the harbor.

However if the pier from the first light house to the second ''is'' considered

Lake O then obviously Tommy is correct, as that is where the beach starts,

but I don't think anyone would have a problem fishing in the channel up to the last lighthouse.

Dan

Before the year is over I expect there will be a good 50-60 minor changes to the fishing regs. So far, they listed updates on Dec. 27th and 31st with more to follow. Put simply the MNR was not ready to go to print. I would not take anything in the summary as gospel at this point.

Before the year is over I expect there will be a good 50-60 minor changes to the fishing regs. So far, they listed updates on Dec. 27th and 31st with more to follow. Put simply the MNR was not ready to go to print. I would not take anything in the summary as gospel at this point.

Yes Bruce, nothing is written in stone.

But unless addendums are introduced, pertaining to this area,

Port D harbor and the Four Falls are FMZ 16.

It's so much easier to have a definite boundary line , like Lakeport Rd., & the QEW which separates inland waters from L.Ontario . Fish cannot go past the 4 falls & I don't think we have a defined rule yet as to how close one can fish to the falls . (still see people in there) There's a big stink on many sites about registering our portable fish huts.....too many different answers from the MNR . As Bruce said , the reg.book is a "summary" which was "simplified" for us to understand "easily" :D Back to the drawing board boys & girls :lol:

Here try this:

http://home.cogeco.ca/~smelt/Draft_Regulat...0_sheet2of6.pdf

Please save it so you can look at it again without over loading my bandwidth.

I appreciate Tommy for "all his work" but when I insisted to see regs in writing the MNR could not provide them. I'm not going to settle for "Tommy said" if I need to talk to a C.O. or give an answer to someone else who asks at a game and fish meeting.

I agree the harbour is currently 16 but they really don't have a definitive line where it ends. The natural shoreline was buried decades ago, perhaps a century. So as of right now the MNR can't tell you for sure or provide anything more than these "Draft regulations".

I have more of these files so if anyone is in a hurry to see another specific area where 20 or 19 meet 16, PM me and I'll try to get them up although the file above provided is the smallest one of them all.

Greg "told me" they will do their best to get them all up on the MNR website ASAP.

Dan

Knightfisher I've edited the original post. Thanks for pointing that out.

Archived