Pb carp

shadow

Caught this pig last wknd. What a fight it was ,especially with only 6 lb test on. Scale said it weighed in at about 25lbs. Nice long 20min fight but well worth it even tho i had to lose shoes and socks and wade in to get it. KENSPIC452.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a good carp Shad. ....congrats on landing that pig with 6# line . Man , that bottom looks rough to walk in shoeless . Always watch for broken glass etc.! I think I would rather get my Nikes wet :angry2: . So ....is it BYOB at Dereks BBQ today ? :blink:

holy carp, if people just keep on C&R (catch & release) carp and catfish, in about 40-50 or 100 years, there will be some monster hugemongus carps and catfish in lakes here unless there are occasional carp wipeouts like in kawathas couple years ago. I saw many reports on big catfish (about the size of this carp) caught outside of 's shop in 'ville. If no wipeouts, in many years there will sure be huge carp or catfish in lakes here like the one caught in indonesia.

Nice carp shadow and I find those mid 20lbs. are the hardest fighting size of carp. Although nice to catch those really really big carp don't seem to fight as good. That fish weight was 37.5lbs. so close but still not a member yet of the 40lbs. club!!

I love fishing for them. No matter the size they are a scrappy fish. I saw him swimming with his back out of the water just like the jaws movie and then wham my pole went down and the action started. Had a great time!

Shadows,

Great catch and fight!

What lure or bait were you using? I am assuming you were not aiming for them when you were using your 6lb line.

Actually Fishfight i was targeting them and catfish. Corn was the choice of bait. More of a challenge when using the low lb test line. Homes my fishing skills! Use the same pound test for rainbow fishing in the lower to.

Was out today 10-1 and did pretty good. Went 8 for 9 and out of the 8 I landed 5 were in the mid to high 20's. here is a pic of the biggest one approx. 27-29lbs.

I know were your fishing

I recognize that water!!!!

Nice fish man!

Why blur the picture when its just carp, I could understand if it was a 40 lbs musky or walleye but carp. Carp are EVERYWHERE so no need to alter pics

By the way awesome looking fish guys congrads

i wanna go carp fishing soon i dont know when i need one that pushes 20 maybe port d

Your going to compare Carp to Musky, that's pretty gay. Reality is Carp can with stand a bit of heavy fishing in some areas once in a while, their population surpasses that of many other fish species. As for private property I can understand that, having respect for the land owner is a good thing.

Your going to compare Carp to Musky, that's pretty gay. Reality is Carp can with stand a bit of heavy fishing in some areas once in a while, their population surpasses that of many other fish species. As for private property I can understand that, having respect for the land owner is a good thing.

To each their own! I personally don't care for musky fishing at all. Ones trash is anothers treasure.

Archived