Lake Nipissing - West Arm

calinpb

Look fair enough - but I did study snakes albeit not at a scholarly level but I am informed - I too have a degree to my name however mine is irrelevant as to this topic (Industrial Engineering).

I am completely aware of bees being as important as you make them out to be (no pun intended) however there are many different animals around that help control rodent and "pest" populations. For the record I said there was no truth to the Snakes end not the Bee's end of your comment. I do find some humor in your analogy that a lack of snakes caused the plague - Europe was infested with Tens of Millions possibly more rodents at the time, had there been a reasonable number of snakes the problem still would have existed. Snakes can only eat so much and to have enough to control entire rodent populations - especially in a city setting.

Regardless I will agree to disagree and will say no hard feelings

I'm going to drop this topic only because I don't wish to start any commotion on this board, and I apologize if I offended anyone.

Cheers

:P

I agree, I don't think we need to hijac this thread any more..........................nice fish and snake though. LOL.

Nice walleye. Good eating size.

The snake looks like a water snake.

Some time back Tommy and I saw a good twenty or so of these fishing

the end of the Rec canal. Gets a little unnerving when you have to watch your

step so you don't step on one or get bitten.

:P

• 7 years later...

Good dig AWOL  lol . For those who hate ( scared of) snakes , there ain't no snakes in Ireland .....maybe some giant deadly spiders with huge fangs lurking in the grass....eating leprechauns !     AWOL....we don't debate these days , we just call everyone  "phobic"   :rolleyes:

Archived