• Sunfish (bluegil,pumpkinseed)
    • Salmon
    • Brook trout
    • Brown trout
    • Rainbow trout
    • Crappie
    • Muskie
    • Other

I hit up pike, even when you get a hammerhandle on there's nothing cooler than seeing a pike stalk a bait through the weeds and savagely hit it....close 2nd is walleye just because I love see that gold and of course how tasty they are helps.

didn't answer the poll on top becasue it's too hard for me to answer, I like catching anyhting that's BIG from any species, be it for huge panfish to 50 inch plus muskies..been there caught them all in between, I don't fish much for food, just for fun, and love the challenge of catching trophy status fish :worthy:

OK you got me. I said carp. If I'm not eating then I target a good fight. Besides they are hardy unless you gill them and they are plentiful. I just hate the wait but once hooked woohoo!

Winter- steelhead

Spring- steelhead

Summer - steelhead

Autumn - steelhead

Only one fish Drifter :P and I know you like those steelies ! B) ..... come to think of it , so do I ! :D Any large spunky fish gives one a rush (no bull) ,and I like to go for pike , I like the looks of them with all those teeth and all . But , pound for pound I think a rainbow is a real prize to catch . They can really leap high and more than once . Bass are close but they are not as smart :) (ok bass guys take a pill) Yes , a king can spool you but we are talking 30 lb.+ fish which I rarely catch . And I'm not forgetting the bull dogs of fish , the carp .......they are in a class of their own and a thrill to latch onto one that can give a king some competition . So ,I'm with Drifter , the steelheads are a great fish to catch . :)

I picked carp it was the first thing I saw cause I like fishing for anything really if it swims and fights its good, plus its the only fish I spend less than 500$ a year on for tackle

i'm yet to get one, but they're so beautiful they still make my most wanted list. Any variety from the Gar family. And then Steelies. can't beat the rush you get when one slams your offering and then starts the diving head shakes. It's like fighting a pitbull with a fishing pole.

For years my favorite was smallmouth until the last couple of years, I got hooked on to rainbows. Spring, fall and winter its rainbows but when they go deep looking for cool water in the summer, smallmouth are a blast. There is nothing quite like a 10 lb rainbow taking 6 jumps and then going for one of their famous runs with the current. You may never get it turned around but thats the sport of it.

For years my favorite was smallmouth until the last couple of years, I got hooked on to rainbows. Spring, fall and winter its rainbows but when they go deep looking for cool water in the summer, smallmouth are a blast. There is nothing quite like a 10 lb rainbow taking 6 jumps and then going for one of their famous runs with the current. You may never get it turned around but thats the sport of it.

RIGHT ON BOWHOUND !!!!! :D

I have to agree with Coachman. I grew up in Northern Ontario. Tons of pike, smallies, walleye...but brookies were such a challenge. Nothing like being in the middle of nowhere...hiking through dense brush to flip a small worm and hook into a crystal clear stream anticipating that brookie to lunge out from under a driftpile and slam your hook!!!

Archived