another poll

packrat

Finally retired my "old" fishing vest today and treated myself to another brand spanking new one.

My ????/poll is what would YOU do to give the new one that karma/look that doesnt make you look like just a well dressed angler B)

well first I would fish in it than I would find the deepest section of a river/creek and through the vest in ( with floats on it of course ) than when you get home and anyone asks why you already ruined your new vest its because you were fighting the biggest trout of your life and it pulled you in and took you for a swim.

Just go fishing in it and after a few years it will look like you've broken it in. In the meantime be happy with owning something that is new! Not everyone has that option.

As far as rolling in dirt or throwing it in the river, I think those are silly ideas. There's nothing wrong with looking like a well dressed angler if you have the credentials (ie.. tons of fish caught over the years) to back it up.

Congratulations on the new vest!

Buy some new pants ( green ) & new boots to match the new vest . You will look younger , like about 29 :P . The vest is a nice birthday gift to yourself Gord & with the green pants & new boots ,I'll dig up a badge for you , warden Gord . :huh:

.....be kind to yourself .......... B)

Don't have an answer for you Gord, but I'm not sure about Bills suggestion.

New vest, green pants and new boots, almost like a leprechaun :lol:

If you're not going to spend your money spoiling yourself once in a while, who else you going to spend it on? I know. ME :lol::P

As for getting that authentic patina of the well versed angler on the new vest, just rub a couple of dead fish all over the vest. Not only must you look the part, you should smell like a Grump too :lol:

Archived