First Garbage Derby

boogaloo

I would just like to offer my congrats to the organizers of this great event. There was a lot of garbage picked up and a lot of experience gained for future events such as this.

It was nice to see old friends and put faces to names of new friends. Again I say great work to all participants. Every body wins this one.............................Daniel (Boog)

Had a great time this morning and met some great people. Didn't know picking up garbage could be so rewarding. Please forward a special thanks to all the sponsers. I will be there for the next garbage derby, unforunately I had to leave at 10:00 today. I have already recruited my cousin for the next derby. And to the organizers, you did a fantastic job. paulfish

It was a great turn out. Thanks to our sponsers.

But more importantly thank you to all who showed up and

contributed to the almost 1200 pounds of garbage collected.

Well done to all.

Dan

Awesome Job by Jon for organizing this event, and lots of thanks to the volunteers who helped out. Big thanks to the sponsors who contributed to this. Just amazing how much garbage came out of there....really well done job by everyone involved. The contribution we all made today goes a long way. Good excersise, and a great time.

It was a great turn out. Thanks to our sponsers.

But more importantly thank you to all who showed up and

contributed to the almost 1200 pounds of garbage collected.

Well done to all.

Dan

Almost 1200 pounds of garbage weighted, much more that could not be.

My youngest has already been out fishing with the new rod she won at the derby and apparently caught a rainbow trout!

Amazing ! It was a great day to remember ! The amount of trash collected was mind boggling ! To all the people , both adults & young folks , you did a fantastic job . You worked very hard , cleaning all the garbage out between those big rocks ....not an easy job !! Congrats to all the organizers who put in so much of their time to get this thing going . I expected to see a lot of garbage but some of the things brought in was totally unexpected !!

We had some real great prizes & I thank all the sponsors who enabled us to get this derby on the road ( pond ) ! It was very generous of these people & also the people at the conservation park that helped with the derby . I'm still lost for words !! This was an event I'll always remember . It was also so nice to meet many of the members from this board .....you are a great bunch of people !

As usual , I got some picture to post here & I'm sure Meatface (Jon) will inform us of where to look for other pictures of this event .

1st of all ....our great sponsors .....THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

SAM_1713.JPG

this is the harbour side where I helped with my canoe .....a lot more trash was collected on the lake side

SAM_1722.JPG

SAM_1716.JPG

SAM_1726.JPG

SAM_1724.JPG

SAM_1718.JPG

SAM_1727.JPG

in the foreground , a big old safe .......

SAM_1729.JPG

car/truck tires , steel pipes , toilet seat ....you name it.....

SAM_1733.JPG

The master chef ....Meatface (Jon) getting some grub on the stove for the hungry crowd

SAM_1734.JPG

and the happy people who helped make Jordan Harbour a better place ...

SAM_1730.JPG

Congrats to everyone ! I have lots more pictures of the prize winners & will either post them later or send them

to Dan (Knightfisher) or Jon . Thanks everyone !! :worthy: You all did a great job !!

It was a lot of fun surprisingly picking up trash, but that could be me jus feeling good about doing something, well it was a great and I wanna thank John and all of the sponsers for putting on this event and I hope to be doing this again in the near future

we had a great day down there helping out :) It was nice finally putting faces to some of the people on this board.. Glad to have meet some of you.. Great Job Jon, and to all the voluntiers.. we did a great thing!

Good job guys looks like there was a good turn out! Was there really a safe in the water? Sorry I couldn't make it out had my Philadelphia trip planned since the NFL schedule came out

Good job guys looks like there was a good turn out! Was there really a safe in the water? Sorry I couldn't make it out had my Philadelphia trip planned since the NFL schedule came out

The safe was covered in crud so I assume it was found along the harbour shoreline . Sometimes they float ...... :santa:

Archived