I Want You To Open Your Mind... Zeitgeist The Movie... This Is Their First Of A Few.

Gerritt

Won a number of awards... anyways I hope you enjoy my view on things.. as I do agree ALOT with the things being said...

I will post the second Movie in time after this one has been consumed.

I hope you enjoy it.. as I did. a real eye opener.

G

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a36_CwzA0bk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Zeitgeist: The Movie is a 2007 documentary film by Peter Joseph. It presents a number of conspiracy theory-based ideas. Among these are a version of the Christ myth theory, alternative explanations for the September 11 attacks in 2001, and the claim that bankers manipulate both the media and the international monetary system in order to consolidate power.

The film was released online on June 18, 2007, on zeitgeistmovie.com.[1] While the film has been praised by some for the professional-level quality of its pacing and editing, and for its compelling narrative, it has been criticized for factual inaccuracies and the quality of its arguments, with critics describing it as "agitprop" and "propaganda".[2][3][4][5] A sequel, Zeitgeist: Addendum, focuses further on the monetary system and advocates a resource-based social system influenced by the ideas of Jacque Fresco and the Venus Project. Following Zeitgeist: Addendum, Peter Joseph created an organization called the Zeitgeist Movement to promote the ideas of Fresco's Venus Project.[6][7][8][9] An updated version of the original film was produced in 2010 entitled Zeitgeist: Final Edition.[10] A third film called Zeitgeist: Moving Forward was released theatrically on January 15, 2011, and online on January 25, 2011.[11] Peter Joseph has stated that its topics are focused on human behavior, technology, and rationality.[12] The film has a 220-page long "companion source guide", available on the film's website, in which sourcing for the movie's content is detailed.[13]

Zeitgeist: Addendum

Zeitgeist: Moving Forward

* The GREATESS LIES contain mainly TRUTH

IT is the manipulation / misunderstanding / misdirection .... that propels the MYTH

I love to KNOW THINGS, but get less STRESSED about worrying about CONTROLLING THINGS.

LOL

Watched the first one several years ago and each one after. Never has a piece of production affected me the way these documentaries have.

The parts on religion and 9/11 are subject to debate, but the last section about our monetary system is what really hit home.

The feeling of helplessness that often accompanies these films is a normal feeling, so don't worry. Once you overcome that, you'll forever be a changed person.

Truly an eye opening experience.

Whether or not one believes all the theories in these films, it prompts the individual to think outside the box and question popular opinion.

These films along with a few other unforgettable Docs completely changed my perspective and once the feeling of helplessness subsided I began to understand that involvment and perception are one in the same. Once you no longer necessarily believe what the masses are spoon fed, you are well on your way to mental and spiritual freedom.

I personally, began to watch what I ate, thought, bought and taught my children.

Just because a practice or thought process is deemed in the social media as "alternative, non-conformant or obscure wacko conspiracy jargon, does not make it less appealing to the open objective mind. In fact.....quite the opposite in many cases.

Now, with that said......Like my Grandfather used to say. "If you have too open a mind, Your brain will roll out your ears".

Enlighten carefully my friends and tight lines.

LOL

A mind is like a Parachute..... It needs to be OPEN in order to Work!

I think looking at all sides is the best.

Then, sometimes best to keep one's opinions to one's self! LOL

All good points made here, mind you

Good movie to get one thinking Gerritt.

I saw it when it was first released.

Many truths for sure.

However many unsubstantiated facts as well

which most people would not have the time

to verify.

The public at large is kept in the dark in

regards to what really goes on, on this planet.My opinion.

Critical thinking seems to be lost on many.

Too many people just accept what the powers dish out.

One just has to look around the planet. The debt almost

every country is in. The austerity measures placed on

many people in many countries. The loss of freedoms.

It's on it's way to north america. Just read some of the

horrors with the TSA down south.

Something is not right on this planet thats for sure.

I could go on, but I find many don't want to really confront

what is happening.

You could always stop by my office, Port D :tease:

There's usually a few of us talking about the various events at hand.

A mind is like a Parachute..... It needs to be OPEN in order to Work!

I think looking at all sides is the best.

Then, sometimes best to keep one's opinions to one's self!

Totally agree with you. Love the first line...

I find this informative, however alot of propaganda. I also agree it keeps you thinking outside the box. Some of the film is clipped together to form a segment of perspective of what they want you to see and not based on fact. There is nothing we can do about changing anything and I just choose to go about my merry old ways and doddle along in this strange world of dictatorship. We are spoon fed for sure there is no doubt. Best to make your own personal judgements the same way this film is spoon feeding you its beliefs....some true to a degree, but lots of comparatives rather than facts. Good none the less.......something to think about

Dave ...."it keeps you thinking outside the box" .......If you don't think outside the box , we will never get out . Movies like these keeps the mind open and gets us thinking about the other possibilities . The media dictates to those inside the box ......I believe they are called "sheeple" The media ( radio TV Newspapers & to some extent , the Internet) , is very powerful , backed by the corporate sector to feed us a lot a bull $hit . As Dave said.....we can't do much to change it regardless who you vote for ......so grab your fishing rod and listen to the sounds of mother nature and enjoy the freedom . :Gonefishing:

Actually Bill one can change conditons. One just has to be willing to stick his/her neck out. Get others involved and push forward on one's cause.

Make it everyone's cause.

The bigger the game one takes on the more others will be required to forward that cause.

Lots of work for sure. But if one has the ' intention ' anything is possible.

There are many others out there that have the same viewpoint. What's required is getting the

'sheeple' as you call them to turn off the TV, put some effort in changing conditions, so they and their children will have a future.

Many of us here turn to fishing to enjoy what it brings us, perhaps the release of the stresses of life.

Others may play pool or basket weave, whatever.

But there comes a time when people have to look past their own person needs and look at society in general.

One can start of as simple as writing letters to the editor of papers, or city hall, and other higher administrations.

With intention anything is possible, as well as taking a cue from my signature.

Archived