Redhill Was Red Hot Today

hammercarp

I had to get out for some carpin action today. I picked the easiest and closest spot for me to fish. Redhill creek.The action was pretty good and I landed a bunch in a little over 2 hrs. I also landed my second mirror carp of this year.

I was surprised that there was nobody there . I had the place all to my self.

http://s588.photobucket.com/user/hammercarp/slideshow/RedhillNov6

WTG Lorne , needless to say you had a great day . The mirrors are a neat fish , they all have a unique scale pattern which makes it very easy to identify each one.

I like the mirror carp, very unique, only have caught a few in the past.

Lorne, I'm a tad confused about red hill. When we were young lads (teens), just a few years ago ^_^ we use to do some winter camping near the base of Albion falls. One morning to wake up with snow on the ground, tough nuts we were. Anyways, I never heard the term red hill until the highway was put in.

Has it always been called that or is this something relatively new. I believe the falls were part of King's Forest.

Just wondering,

:Gonefishing:

As kids we called it Mt. Albion creek after the falls. Yes we hiked around Kings Forrest a lot. It was officially a crown game preserve or so I was told then. There was great things to explore . There was the old Hamilton police pistol range. We found 22, 38 wad cutter, 45 and 9 mm slugs buried in the red clay cut that was the back stop. In an area of reforrested pine over looking the creek the army reserves had built a bunker with trenches and a tunnel . They practiced war games there. A lot of good times hiking up the creek to the falls.

Archived