Niagara On The Lake

steelshady

I drove by Niagara on the Lake yesterday and noticed a few nice parks right on the water front pass the golf course, the amount of people were unreal! Is fishing permitted in these areas? Looks like a prime location for casting spoons in early fall for salmon and trout.

On the other hand, tried fishing for 30 min in Fort Erie at the train bridge for bass with no luck, tons of minnows on the upper near the shoreline! I would definitely try for perch from shore in that area.

At one time I used to fish just up from the marina , a little side road to the river and caught some good catches of perch . I don't bother going near N.O.T.L. now as it has be privatized for locals or spots shut down (due to garbage) ?

I used to fish off the dock at Navy Hall in notl. Was great fishing when you could find room with a the other fishermen. Haven't been there in years though now

My wife's cousin has been having luck down behind Navy Hall. I want to go but hearing it is for locals has me wondering if it is worth the bother.

I thought NOTL had a town bylaw allowing local residents only because of all the out of towners ? Maybe just too hard to enforce.

I thought it was mostly parking enforcement, and more about the small park by the old jetboat docks. Or is it new jetboat docks?

Meh been a long while since I fished NOTL...I'm another one that got the hint.

Used to be a good park to launch a kayak to fish the mouth...but now "locals only".

The only spot in NOTL that is reserved for locals is the park beside the jet boat dock (it has benches by the break wall and a sign saying fishing permit required). Everywhere else is pretty much open to the public as long as you aren't venturing onto private property. I went by navy hall on a bike ride a couple weekends back and you couldn't move on the dock!

The only spot in NOTL that is reserved for locals is the park beside the jet boat dock (it has benches by the break wall and a sign saying fishing permit required). Everywhere else is pretty much open to the public as long as you aren't venturing onto private property. I went by navy hall on a bike ride a couple weekends back and you couldn't move on the dock!

Thanks.

Can out of towners buy a permit or do you still need a NOTL address?

You have to have a NOTL address to obtain a permit. The permits are free, just need to live in town. And like posted above that is the only property you need it for. Everywhere else is fair game

Hmmmm....I wonder if St.Catharines could do this for Port Dahousie or places like the GRT ? ...... :)

Archived