Perching In The Rec And A Surprise.

marktheperchman

With calm winds and above freezing temps I decided to take out Perchslayer for possibly the last chance for me on soft water this year. Fishing was a little slow but I managed five nice keepers for a meal for me and the missus. Funniest thing happened on the way in though. As I was getting closer to where I launched I noticed something in the water swimming toward me. Some of you may remember my squirrel story from earlier this fall and I'm thinking, oh no, what now? Well this time it was a mouse, so I scooped him with my minnow net and brought him to shore. Do the rodents see me coming, or what? So I warmed him up in my coat pocket and let him loose when I got home. Hopefully we will get some ice soon and I wont have to do any more animal rescues.20141214_181541_zpsd54evfzb.jpg20141214_165026_zps0hspgyl6.jpg

No mouse kabobs Mark? Yes we are in dire need of mice. :D I'm hoping for early new year.

Cheers, My perch/pics are on ice....

LT

Not so fast Lund.....I picked a half doz. worms tonight ....want to try them on the trouties tomorrow . I shoveled some pathways for my short assed pooch on the lawn and the sun warmed the grass up enough to raise a few worms . Warm days this week and then hopefully dropping off enough to make some hard water .

Dec.14.....picking "snow worms .....

SAM_5433.JPG

MARK....GOOD ON YA FOR SAVING THE MOUSE ! I would have done the same thing . A mouse was keeping me company at Jordan this summer while I was carping there . He enjoyed the Green Giant corn I gave to him . B)

Archived