Mountain Lion Sightings In Ontario Plausible

Frank81

I know, I know... another mountain lion/cougar report lol but here is an article from 2011 (USA Today) about a mountain lion that was hit by a car and killed in Connecticut, the mountain lion had traveled 1,500 miles from South Dakota to Connecticut before it met its maker with a bumper, therefore I would think sightings in Ontario are plausible, no?

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/07/mountain-lion-killed-in-conn-had-walked-from-south-dakota/1#.VN6ElfnF8R7

Sightings in Ontario are certainly plausible. The Eastern Cougar (officially extinct) is a reclusive and elusive creature. I spotted one at very close quarters years ago in Nova Scotia (where they are also supposedly extinct); if there are still a few lurking about there, why not Ontario? Remember that the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Yes i believe that it's possible that they can be around tame or wild there has been scat found in the port colborne bog

and was confirmed by the mnr they are free roaming animals and with winters being like it has been the last 2 years lakes

being froze over they can roam were they wan't

Four years ago there was a couple sightings in Temagami.

Now, what about Sasquatch? :lol:

as for Sasquatch i have been watching finding big foot on tv nothing yet :dunno:

as for Sasquatch i have been watching finding big foot on tv nothing yet :dunno:

I saw one in Walmart today .....a common thing there ....... :mellow:

I don't look that wild, do I ?????????

I saw one in Walmart today .....a common thing there ....... :mellow:

Hahaha...you too?

You'd think with the thousands of trail cams out there and tasty farm animals around they would have made their presence known if they were here. There used to be a healthy population in Niagara Falls years ago. They used to really pack up at the Cairn Croft on Lundy's Lane at certain times of the year. You had to be careful in that area. Ha

• 4 weeks later...

Archived