Battery Power

smerchly

For those of us using a wireless mouse right now ........Happy birthday to .....

Alessandro Giuseppe Antonio Anastasio Gerolamo Umberto Volta

He invented the first electric battery in 1799 . He cost me $144 for a new 12 "Volt" battery for my truck yesterday......

Happy 270 th bud .......... :thx:

Yep the first acid battery was invented 216 years ago. We are still using this system in our cars.

Does it really make sense that we still depend on this antiquated technology.

I think the suppressed technology would put to many out of business.

they are working on it Dan . In the near future I see a high percentage of the cars will be electric .....don't need a starter battery ....just turn the key or enter your pin number ....... :)

1st entry on google ....

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/130380-future-batteries-coming-soon-charge-in-seconds-last-months-and-power-over-the-air

Can't wait, people world wide are going to save trillions.

They will think of something ......like a road tax , like 10 cents per km....... and 5 grand for a battery ......++++ eco/carbon/disposal etc etc etc...Did you know we have a crap tax ?? <_<

Yep the first acid battery was invented 216 years ago. We are still using this system in our cars.

Does it really make sense that we still depend on this antiquated technology.

I think the suppressed technology would put to many out of business.

The nice thing about acid batteries are that if something happens to them that causes a leak or breakage, the acid can be easily neutralized and the lead recycled. With new batteries you don't want there to be any chance of a leak, they use some pretty nasty materials like lithium and mercury. With electric cars becoming feasible it makes me wonder what the disposal of them will be like in 20 years, and if the fire departments are receiving additional training on how to deal with battery leaks.

Archived