Carp Day

smerchly

I would be surprised if they open it up my buddy's family was out there the other day they were gunna camp and a security guard showed up and told them the sea way bought it and dont want people back there and asked them to leave they use to camp there for twenty years with no problems when hydro one owned the property but i cant see them closing all the four wheeler trails but whi knows now a days

• 2 weeks later...

Hit Gibby for carp today ....nice day for a change . Not much happening except a few light bites , just bending the tip but not slamming it ....using a hair rig , maize & 2 oz. spoon type weight ....current is quite strong & it's about 15' deep . I tried some canned corn but the gobies devour it in seconds ! I had one very short hookup but it was gone in 3 seconds . I was also catching minnows ....nice ones , 3 to 5" & busted my telescopic pole while lifting the net . While trying to repair the pole I heard a noise .....line was peeling out fast ! By the time I grabbed the rod the fish had run out 50' of line . Isn't it always the way things happen ......having a pee , eating a sandwich or turning your back for a minute ......they hit ! That was my action for the day of 4 hours at the waterfront . .....and a pail full of nice juicy minnows .....not a bad day at all .

This one felt heavier than 14 lbs while I lifted it in the net and it has a piece of lip missing ....all healed up now .

SAM_6506.JPG

Beat you by one pound the other day Bill in the general area :P :P

But sounds like a good day out there.

I was seeing how much abuse my body could take doing a small roof today.

Looking forward to hooking up.

Need to keep my fishing fix, up.

:Gonefishing:

Nice job on the carp again Smerch! And even when a carp is missing a piece of it's lip, there's still plenty left! lol

For true Mike ......

Three of us fished Gibby today :skunk: :skunk: :skunk: ....started out in shallower water today about 8' deep with very little current ....nothing biting . We moved to deeper water ,about 12' deep with more current ....nothing happening ....moved again to a shallow spot with no current ....not a sniff . The carp are there but no biting . We were hoping they would be feeding aggressively now as they were last year , but like fishing for other species , the bite is very slow this fall . Where to try next ??? :dunno:

May have to give Jordan a shot ......caught my largest carp there last Oct.29......

Archived