Bow Hunters

smerchly

In the news .......

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.2598401

It was bound to happen .......using a bow to kill a human . ......Silent , Deadly , Accurate . The question they are asking ......should they have restrictions and be placed with the same laws as guns ? The killer has not been found and it will be interesting to see this story unfold .....

After Trudeau's announcement about planning to tighten gun law's I wouldn't be surprised if the Liberals jumped on this as a pressing issue that needs to be addressed. The sad reality is that any tool whether a gun, bow, knife, axe, hammer, screwdriver, baseball bat, sharp stick or rock, can be used as deadly weapon in the hands of someone intent on hurting others.

The focus should be on putting controls on those that harm others, rather than enact misguided feel good measures trying to control inanimate objects. IMHO

Surf - you are absolutely correct.

How anyone in Ontario can vote Liberal after all the bullcrap we've seen these last few years at the hands of the Ontario Liberals is beyond me.

Trudeau has a few of Obama's campaign managers working for him. Trudeau is a globalist and he has already PROMISED that he would sign Canada up for the UN Small Arms treaty. If you don't know what that is - get educated. It will make Paul Martin's gun registry look like freedom.

Surf - you are absolutely correct.

How anyone in Ontario can vote Liberal after all the bullcrap we've seen these last few years at the hands of the Ontario Liberals is beyond me.

Trudeau has a few of Obama's campaign managers working for him. Trudeau is a globalist and he has already PROMISED that he would sign Canada up for the UN Small Arms treaty. If you don't know what that is - get educated. It will make Paul Martin's gun registry look like freedom.

they are not our friends

1. LIBERAL FIREARMS POLICY

We will take action to get handguns and assault weapons off our streets. Over the last decade, Stephen Harper has steadily weakened our gun laws in ways that make Canadians more vulnerable and communities more dangerous.

We will take pragmatic action to make it harder for criminals to get, and use, handguns and assault weapons. We will:

• repeal changes made by Bill C-42 that allow restricted and prohibited weapons to be freely transported without a permit, and we will put decision-making about weapons restrictions back in the hands of police, not politicians;

• provide $100 million each year to the provinces and territories to support guns and gangs police task forces to take illegal guns off our streets and reduce gang violence;

• modify the membership of the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee to include knowledgeable law enforcement officers, public health advocates, representatives from women’s groups, and members of the legal community;

• require enhanced background checks for anyone seeking to purchase a handgun or other restricted firearm;

• require purchasers of firearms to show a license when they buy a gun, and require all sellers of firearms to confirm that the license is valid before completing the sale;

• require firearms vendors to keep records of all firearms inventory and sales to assist police in investigating firearms trafficking and other gun crimes;

• immediately implement the imported gun marking regulations that have been repeatedly delayed by Stephen Harper; and

• as part of our investment in border infrastructure, invest in technologies to enhance our border guards’ ability to detect and halt illegal guns from the United States entering into Canada.

We will not create a new national long-gun registry to replace the one that has been dismantled.

We will ensure that Canada becomes a party to the international Arms Trade Treaty.

-------

they are not our friends

1. LIBERAL FIREARMS POLICY

We will take action to get handguns and assault weapons off our streets. Over the last decade, Stephen Harper has steadily weakened our gun laws in ways that make Canadians more vulnerable and communities more dangerous.

We will take pragmatic action to make it harder for criminals to get, and use, handguns and assault weapons. We will:

• repeal changes made by Bill C-42 that allow restricted and prohibited weapons to be freely transported without a permit, and we will put decision-making about weapons restrictions back in the hands of police, not politicians;

• provide $100 million each year to the provinces and territories to support guns and gangs police task forces to take illegal guns off our streets and reduce gang violence;

• modify the membership of the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee to include knowledgeable law enforcement officers, public health advocates, representatives from women’s groups, and members of the legal community;

• require enhanced background checks for anyone seeking to purchase a handgun or other restricted firearm;

• require purchasers of firearms to show a license when they buy a gun, and require all sellers of firearms to confirm that the license is valid before completing the sale;

• require firearms vendors to keep records of all firearms inventory and sales to assist police in investigating firearms trafficking and other gun crimes;

• immediately implement the imported gun marking regulations that have been repeatedly delayed by Stephen Harper; and

• as part of our investment in border infrastructure, invest in technologies to enhance our border guards’ ability to detect and halt illegal guns from the United States entering into Canada.

We will not create a new national long-gun registry to replace the one that has been dismantled.

We will ensure that Canada becomes a party to the international Arms Trade Treaty.

-------

•" require firearms vendors to keep records of all firearms inventory and sales to assist police in investigating firearms trafficking and other gun crimes"

Does this line mean when you purchase ammo they will ask for I.D. and keep it on record ? That info would be akin to the registry , effectively giving away what type of gun(s) you own .

• 2 weeks later...

Well ....we have a new government today . Last I heard was they (Libs) will not require "long guns" to be registered . That should please most of us who use guns for hunting ...... Buying ammo is another ?... I hope to see some positive changes to our environment and strict laws for abusers . And.......many anglers and hunters need a positive change to keep our environment clean ! Lets get some tough rules in the books with BIG fines for leaving a mess for our children to clean up ....... :mellow:

Well ....we have a new government today . Last I heard was they (Libs) will not require "long guns" to be registered . That should please most of us who use guns for hunting ...... Buying ammo is another ?... I hope to see some positive changes to our environment and strict laws for abusers . And.......many anglers and hunters need a positive change to keep our environment clean ! Lets get some tough rules in the books with BIG fines for leaving a mess for our children to clean up ....... :mellow:

Wow - you are ignorant.

We are screwed beyond belief now.

No - the Libs won't have to bring back the registry because Junior promised he would sign Canada up for the UN Small Arms Treaty, which will be MUCH MUCH worse than Paul Martins fiasco - so NO I am NOT happy.

You live in Ontario and can't see what the Liberals are about??? You talk about children - well freak show lesbian Wynne has rammed her gay agenda sex ed program down our children's throat with no debate or discussion at all. Let me give you an example of what this entails - Grade 3 kids will talk about homosexual sex. Kids in grade 7 will study anal and oral sex. You talk about protecting kids!! This is ridiculous. This is what the Liberals are about. Junior also promised to run deficit spending - that means increased taxes and jacking up the national debt!! No thanks, I am not happy.

And 'positive change' for the environment - I guess that includes Carbon Taxes that don't actually do anything for the environment but takes money out of Canadians pockets and putting into the governments and their friends.

Wow. Just wow.

No, Canadians are SCREWED now.

original.jpg

This freak show was Education minister for the kids and pushed her gay agenda into the public school system. THIS is what the liberals are about.

If you like deviants running your government, you got it.

Junior is a pot smoking assholic hippie who had no political aspirations until the globalists whispered in his ear and promised they'd make him Canada's next PM if he did what they said. Junior sold his soul to the likes of George Soros and now he will sell out Canada and Canadians.

Junior is going to kill Canada.

Wow - you are ignorant.

No - the Libs won't have to bring back the registry because Junior promised he would sign Canada up for the UN Small Arms Treaty, which will be MUCH MUCH worse than Paul Martins fiasco - so NO I am NOT happy.

You live in Ontario and can't see what the Liberals are about??? You talk about children - well freak show lesbian Wynne has rammed her gay agenda sex ed program down our children's throat with no debate or discussion at all. Let me give you an example of what this entails - Grade 3 kids will talk about homosexual sex. Kids in grade 7 will study anal and oral sex. You talk about protecting kids!! This is ridiculous. This is what the Liberals are about. Junior also promised to run deficit spending - that means increased taxes and jacking up the national debt!! No thanks, I am not happy.

And 'positive change' for the environment - I guess that includes Carbon Taxes that don't actually do anything for the environment but takes money out of Canadians pockets and putting into the governments and their friends.

Wow. Just wow.

Wow - you are ignorant.

Wow. Just wow.

Ah sorry to get your feathers in a ruffle ....I was trying to avoid the political side since we are not supposed to discuss politics in general . First of all , I did not vote this time as I could not bring myself to support any of them . Let the ashes fall where they may and deal with the party in power as we go along . It looks like the new federal government has a lot of support compared to the previous one . They are smart enough to know we will not "let" them take our long guns away without a horrific fight on their hands .

Now about the "kids" remark ...... I read they can skip those sex classes if the parents want them to ....and that's a provincial matter . My intent on saying leaving garbage for our kids to clean up was exactly that .....talking about a clean environment by industry and on the home front ,,,, .people like us fishermen who can't be bothered leaving our shores , rivers and lakes clean for our future "children" .

Mods......it may be a good idea to put this to sleep .......sorry I brought it up ! :th_fudd: .... :slap:

Still we have members not reading the rules of NFN. No politics. It causes too many problems and issues on a public fishing and hunting site. Smerch was informing and someone gets rude here? Not cool guys.

Archived