More Dc Perch

marktheperchman

20151205_160118_zpswjnkeli3.jpgWith a fresh bucket of minnows from Millers Cr. Marina, I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and light winds and headed back to Dain City. Almost unbelievable to have favourable conditions two weekends in row. Even the water in the canal is helping me out. Usually by this time of year the water in Dain City is a nasty colour of brown but right now it is very clear with good visibility. I tried my spot from last week without much luck so I moved a couple hundred metres down the canal and found a very nice school. Caught over 75 fish in an hour and a half with 18 that were worthwhile of the bucket. For now keeping my fingers crossed for next weekend.

Nice catch there Mark. Looking forward to some Dain city perch through the ice again this year (if we end up getting any ice).

. Ice has been cancelled sorry folks. Try next year :)

Nice catch there Mark. Looking forward to some Dain city perch through the ice again this year (if we end up getting any ice).

I was at the Dain City bridge today ....nothing happening except for a few gobies caught . Water is clear .

Nice haul Marktheperchman, those will definitely make for a nice fry in the skillet. I will be heading out on Sunday if the weather holds off until then. Need to scratch the itch to wet a line become the ice comes. Not much of a hard water guy.

I had a nice perch dinner yesterday ....then my good neighbour brings me a sample of an atlantic salmon that he smoked for his neighbour who bought it at Cosco ($30 for one fillet )...WOW & OUCH ! , and today he brings over a venison burger to try... mmmm ......Love Thy Neighbour ! :santa:

I went back today and the weather was beautiful. So many small perch though. I managed nine over eight inches but there was only two that I didn't have to measure. The other seven keepers were just barely eight inches. Oh well, it's a meal. I may have to try a favorite December spot next weekend. I didn't bother taking a picture. Nothing spectacular.

Archived