Re Training Second Attempt Full Fish

gunner-2

I have been trying to further my taxidermy and i did fish many years ago but got out of it it just got on my last nerve but i'm trying to make a comeback

with today's new paints it's a lot better than trying to take crap paint and trying to mix's the right colors i was lucky to get a few perch to start training

these are small fish but big or small they look the same the cam don't do it any justice but this is my first attempt after 20+ years

im looking for your honest opinion on what i could improve i am doing another perch today to get things a bit better so any feed back will be greatly

appreciated the pics not very good as my cam is crap

004_zps539wuamr.jpg

005_zpslesyky96.jpg

Nice job on that perch Mike . The second picture shows the curved body better , and I know it's more time consuming to make a curved form and sew it up . The air brush certainly saves time and looks very natural . I usually find a nice photo in a magazine , or on line to help with the colours . After 20 years ....not much rust has set in at all ! :D

I need some fish done

i need to do more stuff for myself. The way i look at it with every mount there is a story that goes with it and when your buddy's drop by and look at it

and you can say i will never forget that day and your mount won't let you .

Wow, I'd like that in my house. Wish I had that talent.

You just have to do it trust me you won't regret it

Nice job on that perch Mike . The second picture shows the curved body better , and I know it's more time consuming to make a curved form and sew it up . The air brush certainly saves time and looks very natural . I usually find a nice photo in a magazine , or on line to help with the colours . After 20 years ....not much rust has set in at all ! :D

Ya i do so much body carving i dream about making forms in my sleep lol but they can be tuff i use pic as well it helps a lot if i cant see the natural markings

Ya i do so much body carving i dream about making forms in my sleep lol but they can be tuff i use pic as well it helps a lot if i cant see the natural markings

What some may not know is that fish colours fade on skin mounts as the mount is drying . When a perch is caught in brown (muddy) water the colours are weak compared to perch caught in clear water . You can ask the taxidermist to paint your perch with 'natural' colours ....The perch in lakes with dark tea colour water have very dark yellow/orange compared to Erie perch . Same thing with other fish .

What some may not know is that fish colours fade on skin mounts as the mount is drying . When a perch is caught in brown (muddy) water the colours are weak compared to perch caught in clear water . You can ask the taxidermist to paint your perch with 'natural' colours ....The perch in lakes with dark tea colour water have very dark yellow/orange compared to Erie perch . Same thing with other fish .

Your 100% right smerch these perch i did lost all color thats when pics on the computer come in handy

I'd put that in a place of honour in my home for sure. Nicely done!

Thanks Coachman i i gave it to my 9 year old Nephew he loves fishing he told me when i take him fishing and he catches a big fish i have

to mount it for him he wan't a sunfish looks like were going fishing soon lol

Archived