Stupid question about Martindale ....

RaedwulfFisher

I feel the need to update all the time...I'm very determined to pull some big ones out of there..I have to..for my video!

Well..lost my new mepps spinner D: ..damn snag..and a musky leader....oh well...I wanted to try flourocarbon anyway..gives me an excuse

I gave Rennie P a go yesterday ...using small chubs under a float , looking for pike or anything with fins.... . Not a touch in 3 hrs . 

RWF ....was that you I was talking to at your black F150  ? (nice truck) 

I pulled a pike out of Martindale the other day nothing massive but still fun. The kicker? I landed it using a dollar store paddle tail type swim bait. I can't crop the image of the fish small enough on my phone but maybe when I get it onto my pc I'll try and lessen the size and make a post.

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

I gave Rennie P a go yesterday ...using small chubs under a float , looking for pike or anything with fins.... . Not a touch in 3 hrs . 

RWF ....was that you I was talking to at your black F150  ? (nice truck) 

Even though I'm pretty amateur at this...I got all my bites (so far) about 3/4 of the way up the trail next to the water...just before the bridge you walk accross...I think the water is deeper there..

Update:

Been the most frustrating week. I haven't been able to get a single fish. I got another large pike attack...only to not get hooked. It was in only a few feet of water. Saw something moving in the weeds. I casted by it and as it went by it dashed out and was partially sticking out of the water..only to miss :( I was so excited I thought this was finally going to be it...well it dashed off who knows where..couldn't get it to bite again no idea where it swam off too..tried a bunch of diff lures to see if it'd pop up somewhere else on something different.....

...and then.

Another pike.

-_-..a smaller one..but still..a pike! I WANT A PIKE!!...it made a dash for my lure..anddddd MISS!

I'm soooo frustrated! ..

That's at least 5 fish now I've missed this week there

I've only had luck with paddle tails slow retrieve and one missed strike on a spinner. I feel your frustration though I have about 50 hours invested into carp and nothing landed. Keep trying brotherman we'll land our trophies sooner or later. If you have a YouTube channel pm me your profile. I like watching local anglers it gives me an idea of what other people use locally.

My girlfriend uses a paddle tail beside me..she's had two bites so far..and she also had a good sized fish on but it got off when it got stuck in the weeds..actually...it happened not even 5 minutes after I lost the biggest fish I ever would have caught (sad sad :( )...she got one right next to me

Try a suspending jerkbait bait it'll give the bait a bit more hang time and more of a chance for the pike to hike the bait if there being reluctant. A simple twitch twitch pause retrieve should be good if not try some thing more aggressive. 

Got to Rennie Park this morning....we just came during the end of activity..5 casts in and my girlfriend caught a small Pike..then she almost got another a few minutes later...I had a follow...saw a few jumping..after about 30 minutes from when we got there all the activity subsided

irtpike.jpg

Here's the video with her catch in it.

Also..I have never caught a pike before. I have caught muskie in the past at lake scugog..but that was over 10 years ago. So sorry about my handling of the fish >_>

Also after this video was done we went back the next day for sunfishing or whatever else takes a worm....well we pulled in a few rockbass and as I'm reeling the little guy in a nice sized large mouth attacks it..what a sight

I wouldn't feel too bad about how you handle the fish. You can't be any worse than me. It's the teeth man. I'm always sketched out about holding fish in the gill plate too because I don't want to mess up their gills. I just hold every fish by or under the tail and somewhere under their mouth

Archived